October 2013 Moms

WWYD ... Friends grandma passed away

vargasgurlvargasgurl member
edited June 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I just found out my friend's grandmother passed away last night. They are having the wake on Tues and funeral services on Wed (sadly her bday) I can't leave DD home because she is strictly BFing. I need to give my condolences ... Do I go to the wake and leave quickly or just go to the Mass the following day?
< image

Re: WWYD ... Friends grandma passed away

• How often does LO eat? You should get a good window to go and come back, unless the arrangements are far from you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Lee81Lee81 member
    I brought DD to my uncle's funeral a few months ago and it was fine. She really cheered a lot of people up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure that both services are aprox 45 mins from my home. @deedee1017‌ but Tues I will actually be in the vicinity (visiting mom ) so I would need to take her if I go to the wake.
    < image
  • I guess I was asking because sometimes people don't think it's appropriate to bring a child to these things. Personally in my family death although sad was something we were all exposed to early on. I don't see it as a problem.

Now if I tell my MIL I am going to get a sermon ... Which I don't care to here at the moment.
    < image
  • I brought DD to the memorial/wake when my moms best friend passed a few months ago. They just had a small service during the burial so I didn't go to that part, but people enjoyed seeing a smiling baby and we just left the room when she started to get too noisy.
    July Siggy Challenge: Babies are not Dogs

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you're going to be in the vicinity on Tuesday, I would bring her to the wake.  DS has come to several with me at this point (I think 5 to be exact).  Just go for as long as you need, and if you need to leave, then not a problem. 
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think going to the wake would be acceptable. Not sure about the service since sometimes those get long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"