April 2014 Moms
Options

Manual vs Electric output

I apologize if this is in the middle of another thread somewhere, but I have a Medela manual pump that I use here & there & 2 months into BFing I finally splurged & got the electric for $280 & I'm disappointed as %#*^! The manual suction is much more than the max setting on the electric so I'm just not sure if there's anything I can do about it. I normally only get half an ounce per side with the manual at a time but the electric is hardly even measurable. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Re: Manual vs Electric output

• Options
    How interesting! Perhaps you are holding less pressure on the flanges? More pressure? I only used the hand pump a few times and I thought it was equal as far as output went.
  • Options
    I've had the opposite - I started with the electric and do pretty well, but the I got a manual pump about a month in and can barely get a few drops (but admittedly I haven't used it as much). Maybe we just need more practice?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    I bought a manual hoping i would get more than the electric but no luck. My freestyle does much better, although I still don't get much when I pump.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    edited June 2014
    I get much more from my Medela PISA than from my Medela manual.  Are you using the electric with a hand-free pumping bra?

ETA:  sometimes on electric pumps you will actually get your output on a LOWER setting rather than a higher setting.  Maybe mess around with the setting to see what works best, if you haven't already.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"