Multiples

What type of twins are you having?

Hello ladies what type of twins are carrying? Like di/di or mono/mono? Etc I believe it's di/mono for me but dr still have to confirm my ultrasound. I feel nervous about it.

Re: What type of twins are you having?

• Di/di

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Hmmmmm...... Good question. No one ever told me. Heh
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • cls78cls78 member
    Fraternal! (Is that di/di?)    
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yah fraternal is di/di so they have their own sacs and own placenta ! Which is great that's the least risky
  • Di/di and there is still a chance they could be identical when they are di/di if they are the same gender
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Di/Di boys
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mono/di boys here (30 weeks tomorrow)
  • Di/di boys. I think they may be identical because I had only 1 follicle at trigger and 1 corpus luteum. We'll see!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Di/di- I will (hopefully) find out tomorrow if I have 2 boys or b/g!
  • Di-Di boys! I scrutinize every ultrasound pic trying to figure out if they look identical :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Di/di

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Di/di 13 days until we find out what we're having :)
  • Di/di boy/girl
  • Fraternal di/di boys.

• 24 weeks today with mono/di boys who are kicking my iPad as I type:)
  • di/di boys
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • di/di boys

• shanaynerzshanaynerz member
    edited June 2014
    di/di boy and girl
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For the mono/di ladies are you being monitored for twin to twin transfusion syndrome ? I am 13 weeks and was asking my OB to send me to maternal fetal medicine but he doesn't think it's necessary and told me to stop googling everything. I called me local hospital and told I am mono/di and the nurse said its better to get a referral from my OB and then they would see me at 16 weeks. I am so confused why my OB doesn't want to send me there.
  • lilydolce said:
    For the mono/di ladies are you being monitored for twin to twin transfusion syndrome ? I am 13 weeks and was asking my OB to send me to maternal fetal medicine but he doesn't think it's necessary and told me to stop googling everything. I called me local hospital and told I am mono/di and the nurse said its better to get a referral from my OB and then they would see me at 16 weeks. I am so confused why my OB doesn't want to send me there.
    Yes. We see an MFM every 2 weeks. I would definitely try to get a referral.
  • Di/di girls. Our twins were discovered at 17 weeks and for a few weeks they thought mono/di but at the anatomy scan they saw the dividing membrane line so they're di/di. It's just a very thin line.
  • Di/di. Team green so far.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• lilydolce said:
    For the mono/di ladies are you being monitored for twin to twin transfusion syndrome ? I am 13 weeks and was asking my OB to send me to maternal fetal medicine but he doesn't think it's necessary and told me to stop googling everything. I called me local hospital and told I am mono/di and the nurse said its better to get a referral from my OB and then they would see me at 16 weeks. I am so confused why my OB doesn't want to send me there.

When they thought mine were mono/di they weren't planning on sending me to a MFM. We have one in house so it would have been an easy process if I felt I needed one. I was also only going to be seen every 4 weeks, just like with di/di. I was prepared, however, to go in fighting for every 2 weeks. Turns out they're di/di so I didn't have to but that's what I was planning.
  • I had mono-di girls. I was monitored every 2 weeks by an MFM. I also saw my OB frequently.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• We are seeing the MFM every 2 weeks too, had a first appt around 10 weeks and then started every 2 weeks at 16 weeks.
  • I have di/di b/g twins.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had di/di boys and I was seen by a MFM starting with the NT scan at 12 wks- mostly every two weeks-  (except between 14-20wks which was every 3 weeks since there were no issues) I had no issues until 31 wks when my BP went up over 140/90.
  • lilydolce said:

Yes, I went every two weeks to monitor for TTTS (every other time was also a growth scan) from maybe 16-30 weeks. Then I went for monthly growth scans and started twice weekly NSTs at 32 weeks. I would demand a referral and possibly find a new OB. There are more risks with mo/di twins.
  • Di/di..... don't know what kind yet. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • di/di boy/girl
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
  • lilydolce said:
    I'm having Mono/di boys.

When it was discovered that I was having identical twins at my 8 week scan, I was immediately referred to a MFM because they have stronger sonogram machines, and we needed to confirm that there was a membrane separating the two babies.  This is normal procedure at my OB for mothers carrying identical twins. 

I've been seeing them every two weeks ever since.  I'm 25 weeks now.

• Di/di boy and girl.  Not sure why your OB won't refer.  But my MFM did not require any referral.  Multiple pregnancy got us in.  Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm at 35 weeks with di/di girls.

Even though I know it's more likely that they're fraternal, I can't help but think they're going to be identical because there are absolutely zero twins in my family. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Check out my travel blog.... www.SeeJulesTravel.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jules_Shamblin‌ I'm also having di/di girls and they told me it's quite possible they could be identical. There are also zero twins in my family, as well. They also told me because the membrane separating them is so thin, it could be likely. Not sure how true it is but I plan on doing the genetic testing after they're born to find out! I'd just really like to know for sure. :)
  • diz1313 said:
    Hmmmmm...... Good question. No one ever told me. Heh
    This! They were fraternal, that's all I know!
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I was so sure I knew better than the doctors who told me my di/di twins were probably fraternal.

At my 7w dating u/s, the RE only identified one CL, so I just figured that meant 1 egg.

We found out on Friday that we are team purple- I was surprised! :)

• Di di b/g. 27 weeks n counting
  • Mine were di/di, they're fraternal boys. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Mine were di/di and are also fraternal boys.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"