Natural Birth

Assigning jobs for family

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted on here!

We are 34 weeks (35 tomorrow!!) and are having a home birth. I want to make a list of jobs to assign to family members for before, during labor, and after baby is born. My in-laws are very over bearing and will be constantly asking us what we need, what they can do, what food we need, and when she makes food she never makes stuff we like or even eat! I want to just make things a little organized and hopefully a little easier so I'm not being asked a million times what we need right after I have him. What are some jobs or suggestions for going about this that you ladies can think of?

Married my best friend 03/21/09, TTC since December 2012
BFP#1 04/04/13,  EDD 12/16/13

Lost our little boy on 07/26/13 at 18 weeks to UPD4 
BFP#2 11/18/13, EDD 07/26/14 (One year to the date of the loss of our baby!). Grow, baby, grow!

Re: Assigning jobs for family

• Clean bathroom, take out trash, put in a load of laundry
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• ArmyQMArmyQM member
    edited June 2014
    Take pet for a walk (if you have one)
    Wash dishes
    Laundry
    Bathrooms
    Trash (make it known what day the trash should be put to the curb in case they're around that day)
    Mop kitchen
    Prepare lunch and/or dinner (specify what you want made)
    Shopping (make a quick list of staples you might need as you might want them out of the house but may not actually "need" the things on the list immediately)

As for how to go about it: just post the list and the first time anyone asks, have your DH point out the list and politely make it known not to ask again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like ArmyQM's idea but I'd take the prepare lunch/dinner idea one step further. Make up a few meals and put them in the freezer so they don't have a reason to cook something you don't like.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Our TTC Journey: Me: 39 (short luteal phase, hypothyroidism) DH: 41 (no problems)
    Pre-TTC: worked with a physician nutritionist on health improvement to naturally increase LP and get healthy.
    Cycles 1-9: Supplemented with progesterone during LP and acupuncture. All BFN's. 
    Cycle 10: switched to a new RE, medicated IUI and continued acupuncture. BFP! EDD: 2/5/15. Beta 1: 49; Beta 2: 151; Beta 3: 1878. 7w4d HB was 153. 
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    For the in-laws, anything that keeps them out of your hair. We had DH's parents dogsit and go grocery shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"