December 2014 Moms

Myrtle Beach Babymoon- need ideas!

Hey all! I'm heading to Myrtle Beach on a couple of weeks and I have never been before. Does anyone have any suggestions for must dos while I am there?
TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
IT'S A BOY!!!
BabyFruit Ticker
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

Re: Myrtle Beach Babymoon- need ideas!

• Broadway on the Beach is amusing :)
  • We're heading up there for our anniversary in 2 weeks. Planning on hitting Brookgreen Gardens. Probably do some shopping. Broadway at the beach is fun. If you like mini golf, there are places everywhere. I want to go to the knights fighting dinner show (can't remember what its called right now), but DH isn't into it so much.

There is a ton to do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • katykat03 said:

We're heading up there for our anniversary in 2 weeks. Planning on hitting Brookgreen Gardens. Probably do some shopping. Broadway at the beach is fun. If you like mini golf, there are places everywhere. I want to go to the knights fighting dinner show (can't remember what its called right now), but DH isn't into it so much.

There is a ton to do!

Medieval Times is the name of the show. I forgot about Brookgreen! Definitely go there!
  • There are fun shops at Barefoot Landing. Plenty of outlet shopping, too. I always like to eat lunch at the Sea Captain's house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chianti is an Italian restaurant in north myrtle and it's super good! I have great memories of breakfast at K&W cafeteria. Have fun!
  • ZoeyH14 said:

We're heading up there for our anniversary in 2 weeks. Planning on hitting Brookgreen Gardens. Probably do some shopping. Broadway at the beach is fun. If you like mini golf, there are places everywhere. I want to go to the knights fighting dinner show (can't remember what its called right now), but DH isn't into it so much.

There is a ton to do!

Medieval Times is the name of the show. I forgot about Brookgreen! Definitely go there!
    Thank you! I was suffering from pregnancy brain and I was too lazy to google. I got an awesome groupon for Brookgreen. Not sure if its still available though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ebl2ebl2 member
    ZoeyH14 said:

There is a ton to do!

That's really funny that this was mentioned. DH and I met while in college in Myrtle Beach (Coastal Carolina University) when we both worked at Medieval Times. People love hearing the story of how we met because DH was literally one of the knights that rode the horses and sword fought and I was a food server called a wench. We still know a couple people who still work there and it's our understanding (through them) that the show is not as good as it used to be. There is another dinner show in Myrtle Beach called Pirates Adventure and if you could only choose one I would choose the Pirate Adventure one. We went to that one and it was awesome! 

Market Commons is a higher end shopping center with some really good restaurants and a lovely park across the street. If you want really good seafood I would suggest traveling to Murrells Inlet or Pawleys Island. Myrtle Beach is mostly filled with seafood buffets that are not that great. I would highly recommend River City Cafe for lunch or even a low key dinner. They have the best burgers I have ever had in my life. There are two Tanger Outlets, one on 501 on another on 17 in North Myrtle Beach. No joke, if you know where the highways 501 and 17 are then you know how to get to everywhere in Myrtle Beach.  

DH and I haven't been back in a few years (we live in TN now) and I know a lot has changed. Ironically DH has a work conference the second week of Sept. there and so we're going to take DD with us and make a little "last family vacation" out of it before baby arrives. Also, just an FYI, if you find out that you really liked going there and you want to go again, NEVER go on Memorial Day weekend. Google it. I would say the best time of year to go is in October. No crowds, ocean is still warm, room prices drop. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Medieval Times and ripley's aquarium are my favorite memories of the time I visited there. Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"