July 2014 Moms

Ari Quinn's birth story

Artistmom30Artistmom30 member
edited June 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I can't believe my son is here! Holy cow!

I woke up early this morning (around 7 or so) with contractions about 15 mins apart. I didn't put too much hope in it since it could have been false labor.

A couple of hours later, I was having constant cramping. I couldn't tell what was contractions and what wasn't. So I convinced DH to take us to the hospital so I could get checked out. I was hoping to be able to stay but knew that if I wasn't progressed enough, I'd go home and labor some more.

We arrived around 12:30, got checked in, got my cervix checked and I was 5 cm. My contractions, I found out, were 3-4 mins apart. Woot!

Fast forward to about 3:30, I had progressed to 8 cm, with contractions 1-2 mins apart. Holy hell. At that point, natural labor be damned. Give me those pain meds! Got an epidural and continued to progress at a good pace.

Around 6, I felt the urge to push. He was bearing down on me pretty good. So, the doctor came in, I push for about 25-ish mins and voila! My baby boy was born today, June 28th, at 6:39 pm. He's a big and beautiful boy. 9 lbs, 8 oz and 20 in. He gave my 5'1" frame a run for its money, that's for sure. And the moment I saw him, I got teary eyed and fell hard. Both DH and I are so in love with our not so little man! :)

Re: Ari Quinn's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"