April 2014 Moms
Options

Poor pups!

Well tonight my dogs got into it for the first time since we got the husky, so about 2.5 years. I was feeding baby in his room & hubs was in the living room giving attention to the husky. The malamute walked in & the husky unleashed attacking her out if the blue, hubs got bit breaking them up. They actually get more exercise now than when I was pregnant & about the same before I was pregnant. They run about 4 miles in the AM & run or hike about 2-3 miles in the evening. The amount of attention has gone down a lot tho & I think that is what brought this on. Between taking care of the kid, myself, cleaning the house, making food & exercising the dogs there is so little time to sit down & give them llovings like how we used to. It's really sad & I feel terrible but I don't know what more I can do, there just isn't the time. I should add that hubs & I haven't even thought about how to fit "us" time into this equation either. I don't know how people make all this work, it's just crazy, there is not enough time in the day!

Sorry for spelling errors, one handed typing on the phone while feeding the little man. This is kind of a vent & also just looking for commiseration. I'm just sad that the dogs finally let lose & showed how this change has affected them. They are the first babies & always will be.

Re: Poor pups!

• Options
    I agree with @Ooopsbaby14‌ that you are doing such a good job with their runs/hikes! It's scary and sad when your pets act out, but it sounds like you are your DH are a team, which helps so much.

I'm a FTM with two needy cats (much more manageable than huskies!), and I feel awful how little attention they get now. I'll kick my cat across the floor while holding DD since he'll get underfoot, they'll start biting random things around the house (usually important pieces of mail), and whine non-stop (conveniently during DD's nap or bedtime). Last night, I just didn't have the heart to shut them into a bedroom since they wanted to run around and play (or purr on my face...). I didn't get as much sleep, but I felt it was the only way to show them I still care about them!
  • Options
    No answer here, but I'm in the same boat. At least your pups get more exercise. Mine kinda hang out all day...no real playtimes or attention. It breaks my heart...especially since my border collie has been my baby for 8yrs.
    I'm hoping everyone is right with the phrase "this too shall pass." I need "me" time, which hasn't happened since LO was born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel sad for our dog too, she's a 1 year old Lab, so all the walks & play time in the galaxy aren't enough for her energy level. And we do play with her TONS, and give her lots of attention, but it's our own fault for spoiling the crap out of her before the tiny human arrived.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"