Special Needs

Kiddos who wear one AFO instead of two

Bruton8288Bruton8288 member
edited June 2014 in Special Needs
 My DD has wears her afo on her right side. So far I haven't had any success in finding shoes. Any recommendations? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Kiddos who wear one AFO instead of two

• Have you gone to a shoe store that measures feet, etc?  More like a privately owned company than the big chains?

DS1 just wears saucony sneakers.  I know he wears 2 AFO's but even when without them we still use the same sneakers and he fits fine in them.  
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I will check them out, thank you for the advice. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Keeping Pace, Hatchbacks, and SureSteps all sell shoes specifically designed for AFOs.
  • I JUST discovered this company called goplae. The shoes are amazing!! My son wears one AFO and the cool thing is you can order longer tabs for the shoe so it can fit over the AFO or orthotic. We just got one pair to try and it's amazing! They are stylish too and after a year of searching for something we have finally found something. Check them out... :) Had to share, I was so excited to find them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"