January 2013 Moms
Options

How much Benadryl do you use?

We just got out of urgent care with Thoren, he is having a bad reaction to a bug bite, and the doctor said to 6.25mg of childrens benadryl even though the box says not to use under 2. I guess i am just being a hyper concerned mom here, but does that sound right to you?

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: How much Benadryl do you use?

• Options
    I'm not sure how much 6.25 mg is, but the pedi had us give DD 1/2 tsp when she was sick  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    The box says not to use under two because you should only with a doctor doing the dosing at that point. That bring said, we were told to give 12.5 mg even at a year with DD who was 21 pounds. She is currently 24 pounds and that continues to be the dose. So unless he is really little I would think that 6.25 would be totally fine. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh awesome, thank you ladies! He is actually just a few ounces shy of 25 pounds, so this makes me feel so much better. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    Yep, totally fine. Fwiw, we've had to give Amelia Benadryl countless times since she was about 6mos old. He's gonna feel better soon. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"