TTC After a Loss

GTKY: Popular sayings and phrases

2»

Re: GTKY: Popular sayings and phrases

• Tablefor5Tablefor5 member
    edited June 2014
    Oh something my grandma would say was "tough titty" when she said no to something and we tried to plead our case to why not.
    It was short for the saying
    Tough titty said the kitty but the milks just fine.
  • My Wyoming roots mean that the g gets dropped from anything ending in -ing. Living in Texas for most of my life means (as others have said) all carbonated beverages are "Cokes," there is a frontage road (feeder) along every highway, y'all and all y'all conversational staples, BBQ is a passionate topic as is TexMex and the rest of the country can't make a good Margarita to save its life.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Tablefor5 said:
     Yes/No ma'am/sir is manditory. 
    I grew up in Florida, and I still do this out of habit. I know people around here look at me weird for saying it, but I was raised that it was good manners. 
    I totally confuse people, because I say traditionally southern things (ya'll, howdy, yes ma'am), traditionally Canadian things (Eh?), I have a French accent on some of my words, and for some reason a British accent on some of my words (probably too much BBC)
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Meladoriestar another NorCal girl here, we call it FarNorCal because my city is closer to Oregon than it is to Sac.Hella is definitely a Northern California thing. When I I was in Los Angeles everyone could tell that I was from Northern Cali because I used the word "hella" and also because I called Interstate 5 "I 5" instead of The 5.
    I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but people would always say sick or tight for something they thought was cool.

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• edited June 2014
    snegde said:
    I'm from picksburg so yinz have no idea what yer talking about. https://www.pittsburghese.com I actually don't talk like a pittsburgher but I am a Yankee through and through. ;)
    love it! i love how we talk around here! I've lived everywhere and have done a lot of listening to local dialects but we have the best :)

There's plenty of Pittsburgh stuff but my favorite is jeet jet (which is did you eat yet).

i checked out that site and i'm surprised at how many of those i actually say lol

Anniversary

• Around here it's just a lot of weirdly said things, because the way the French say things is not as straight forward as it is in English. For instance, you "place (your) pants on" and "close the light". You'll also hear a lot of "tabernac" which is essentially the French version of the eff word. I've even been known to let loose with it, and I'm not French! lol

where do you live?

Nouveau Brunswick. MH is from the Acadian peninsula and didn't learn English until he was 14!
    Ah okay. For the record though, "tabarnac" isn't the equivalent of "fuck" it's actually blasphemy it's an insult using the churches "tabernacle" as a swear word.
  • I love this thread and learning all the different phrases from different parts...

As for me, I'm from Michigan where
    - Up North = where you go for a weekend vacation in Northern Michigan (usually on a lake)
    - Euchre = the go-to card game that Michiganders all know how to play
    - "Have a good one" = have a good day
    -Michigan left = a right turn onto a street followed by immediate u-turn to go the other way
    -Upper  (pronounced U-pper, not like upper, the opposite of lower) : anyone from the upper penninsula
    - "The D" = Detroit!
    Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • Re: mums I tried to find a pic of me with one, but couldn't. I usually got garters so that it wouldn't pull on my clothes. So yes, I'd walk around with ribbons and bells hanging from my legs. This is our homecoming queen before she got crowned. pic of a pic and chopped off her head for privacy, but you get it. :)
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel so left out! I have lived in Montana, Japan, NorCal, Michigan, Ohio, Germany, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois and Florida... And I don't say much of anything that identifies me to a particular region. The way I speak is kind of a smoothed-out mixture of everything. People always ask me where my accent is from...but I can't imagine I have any kind of accent at all.

The only thing I can think of that has stuck with me is the word "semi" for the big trucks. I think that came from California? I've never heard anyone say that since I've moved East; everyone seems to say "tractor trailer" (which, by the way, took me a long time to figure out what that even meant).

Another term here is Rig/Big Rig

Which can also ment to put something together that is iffy. To rig something with duct tape and say that'll do. lol

Or damn 18 wheelers (keep the and pluralize even just the one truck) mostly thrown around when I lived in Charleston, SC due to the port traffic and being bullied by the trucks leaving port.
  • Re: mums I tried to find a pic of me with one, but couldn't. I usually got garters so that it wouldn't pull on my clothes. So yes, I'd walk around with ribbons and bells hanging from my legs. This is our homecoming queen before she got crowned. pic of a pic and chopped off her head for privacy, but you get it. :)

So is that where the term
    "I'll be there with bells on" comes from?
  • Here are some mum examples for you.  Women were talking about what their sons were doing for homecoming and people were definitely spending hundreds of dollars for them- just seems like a crazy way to ask someone to homecoming.  'Do you want to go to homecoming with me? Yes? Now you must wear a 20lb crazy flowery ribbony thing so that people know you're spoken for.'  I guess it's better than peeing on them to mark their territory :)

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• @littlecookie‌ I've lived in Texas almost my whole life, and I've never heard it called a feeder road. We say service road or frontage road. I wonder if that's a regional thing?

TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 11/22/13 EDD 7/31/14
    MMC 13 weeks - discovered 2/13/14 at 16 weeks - Trisomy 13 - D&C 2/14/14
    BFP #2 10/9/14 EDD 6/22/15
    ~Everyone is welcome~
  • Tablefor5Tablefor5 member
    edited June 2014
    @sunflwra‌ the whole homecoming glitzs seems to be a tradition that went wild or Texas big

https://www.smudailymustang.com/?p=42061

Edit: add another link. Apparently there is an etiquette to the size.

https://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2013/09/05/219377607/go-big-or-go-homecoming-supersized-corsages
  • I'm a Masshole through and through. :)

Wicked = very

bubbler (bubblah) = water fountain

Dropping Rs from words: Pahk the cah in Hahvid yahd. (although most of us hate when people say that to us)

Bang a Uey = Make a U-turn.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• edited June 2014
    @HoldingOutHope‌ try this, see what it says about you: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/take-this-amazing-quiz-predicts-where-you-come-from-based-on-dialect-new-york-times-198995 @Buttercup509‌ I once had someone (not from Texas, obviously) ask me who Mr. Frontage was since there were so many roads named after him. ETA:fixed a tag.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • My mom was from KY and a few of my favorites of hers were, "happy as a pig in shit" and "can't beat that with a stick" referring to a really good deal.  My dad is from Brooklyn and my favorite saying of his is when someone uses an "if" statement (like I would have finished my homework if I hadn't been watching TV) he says, "If the queen had balls, she'd be king."  

Also, with regard to the yankee thing, when I was in KY I waited for about 10 minutes for a cup of coffee at Starbucks before checking to see if they'd forgotten it, just for fear of looking like a rude, impatient yankee!

Here in RI, wicked is definitely a big one.  Also, this is not really a saying, but Rhode Islanders are known for giving directions using landmarks that are no longer there, i.e., it's right past where the old Bradlee's used to be.  
    :P

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • @Greeneyes842‌ Yes! I have seen and I have said some of the things they say!

@LaRomana09‌ haha to your Starbucks story!

@VesperLynch‌ I am guilty of saying all that stuff and I have a four year degree. It is what I grew up saying, so it slips out unless I'm paying attention.
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• @tlc35‌ I grew up in the Dothan area then moved to Montgomery for college and I'm still here. Are they near Gulf Shores?
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• tlc35tlc35 member
    edited June 2014
    megrae12 said:
    @tlc35‌ I grew up in the Dothan area then moved to Montgomery for college and I'm still here. Are they near Gulf Shores?
    They are on the other side of the bay.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm a native Texan so a lot of mine are the same as the OP.  

I'm "fixin to" go to the store.
    He went "Out yonder"
    Can I get a "coke" "Sure what kind?" "Dr. Pepper." 
    "Y'all" 
    I am "plumb wore out" 
    I "ain't got no"  time, or whatever you don't have...
    One We tell children when they get hurt "It'll get better before you get married." 

-Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• Around here it's just a lot of weirdly said things, because the way the French say things is not as straight forward as it is in English. For instance, you "place (your) pants on" and "close the light". You'll also hear a lot of "tabernac" which is essentially the French version of the eff word. I've even been known to let loose with it, and I'm not French! lol

where do you live?

Nouveau Brunswick. MH is from the Acadian peninsula and didn't learn English until he was 14!
    Ah okay. For the record though, "tabarnac" isn't the equivalent of "fuck" it's actually blasphemy it's an insult using the churches "tabernacle" as a swear word.
    I meant equivalent in that, around here at least, people use it like they would use "fuck". Like when I slipped off a snow bank into a puddle of water on the side of the road while trying to get my bus I growled it out lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Interesting @Buttercup509‌ I had no idea, but according to the test Meredith posted, feeder is regional.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• As a New Yorker I try very hard not to pick up slang, but sometimes I fail miserably. Unfortunately "yo" crept back into my vocabulary.

"Yo"  is mostly used to call someone or get their attention. 

"Yo, look at this"
    " Yo, where are you going?"

Yelena + Rubere Married: 05/13/2011
    TTC since 2012
    BFP#1EDD: 06/21/2014  ~  TFMR --Holoprosencephaly 
    Said goodbye on 2/10/2014 at 21 weeks. We miss our baby girl "J"
    My Chart image
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • I took the test. It said I'm either from Boston, Miami, or Seattle LOL
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Interesting @Buttercup509‌ I had no idea, but according to the test Meredith posted, feeder is regional.

That is interesting!

TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 11/22/13 EDD 7/31/14
    MMC 13 weeks - discovered 2/13/14 at 16 weeks - Trisomy 13 - D&C 2/14/14
    BFP #2 10/9/14 EDD 6/22/15
    ~Everyone is welcome~
  • Wisconsinite here and of course my favorite is Bubbler. Some call it a drinking fountain others a water fountain. Bubbler is like Kleenex or Xerox. It was the brand.

Another one is Booyah. It's a soup that is made in a big barrel and stirred with an oar.

We also end sentences with "or no". Like, "do you want to go out, or no?"
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • I have spent so much time in California that I honesty don't know what we say that is identifying. When I moved from San Diego to San Francisco people made fun of me for the "the 5" vs. "I-5" freeway thing. I know I pronounce many words that should have a short e sound with a short i sound. I've been working on correcting that for years. My mom was from Bakersfield and I thing that messed up my accent. 
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunglwr That mum thing is wicked crazy!  Do they have to walk around school like that?  And what about the girls that don't get asked???
    @BethKate2 I'm a Masshole too, born and raised!  Lol.  I'm from Western Mass though so I don't drop my "r"s but everything is definitely wicked, I bang u-eys, eat grinders and get my alcohol from the packy :)

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• @dawnstar898‌ yes, they do walk around all day at school like that. I didn't attend homecoming at all during high school. I remember having slight mum envy, but I did not lose any sleep over it. Plenty of girls didn't go in for the ritual so it wasn't like I was alone. Not sure how it would have been in a smaller school though. Mine was the largest graduating class in Texas (at the time) so fitting in wasn't that important because there was a lot of variety.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • MSU_Girl1202 mentioned.
    So I grew up with flip-fops being called slippers and what people everywhere else call slippers we called house shoes. Obviously there was a learning curve with moving to the 'mainland' or what we in Hawaii call the contiguous United States. I struggled not to use Hawaiian words, because no one understood what I was saying. However I also learned that corn hole was a game, people from Michigan are called Michiganders, and yous is a totally acceptable pluralization as is yous guys. 
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • ashtog said:
    @pinkcamino fellow canadian here too eh! I'm albertan, whereabouts are you located?? @mflowers929‌ I once dated a guy from Montreal and he swore like that all the time lol. Funny I grew up in a French community and took it in school and there's such a huge language difference between prairie French and québécois :)
    Montreal! :D
  • ashtog said:
    @pinkcamino fellow canadian here too eh! I'm albertan, whereabouts are you located?? @mflowers929‌ I once dated a guy from Montreal and he swore like that all the time lol. Funny I grew up in a French community and took it in school and there's such a huge language difference between prairie French and québécois :)
    @ashtog - they actually tend to speak Shiac around here, which is about half and half English and French. It's not uncommon around here to hear things like "je parquer mon car on the hill, la". Always the "la"
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @dawnstar898‌ and @bethkate2, I'm from NJ but I went to college in Boston. I learned "packy" and "shitfaced" and "Masshole" during my first few days there. My grandfather was from Connecticut so we grew up calling subs grinders. In NJ all of the beach is "down the shore". In my family we say "pretty" to mean "fairly". For example, "How is the weather? It's pretty good." As an adult I've realized that most people don't use "pretty" in that context.
    Really?  Huh.  Never thought of that one. I say it all the time.  No one else says shitfaced either?  I guess you don't know until someone points it out!  It's all pretty interesting ;)

Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• It is funny because I am from NJ and H is from NY. His accent stands out when we go different places. Every time we go on vacation, people ask him where he is from but say I don't have an accent. He puts an a at the end of words ending in er (ie. sneaka and sneakas for sneaker) and words that end in a he adds er ( ie. soder instead of soda). It has slipped a bit over the years and he sounds a little more like me. He is trying to blend in with the rest of NJ... Lol

No accent from NJ?  As a fellow NJ girl, I find that hard to believe.  NJ has a very distinct accent.  I'm from north Jersey (NYC suburb) and DH is from south Jersey (Philly suburb) and I find that we have slightly different pronounciations of the same words.  When I go anywhere, people know I'm from NJ as soon as I open my mouth. 

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• Km380Km380 member
    edited July 2014

It is funny because I am from NJ and H is from NY. His accent stands out when we go different places. Every time we go on vacation, people ask him where he is from but say I don't have an accent. He puts an a at the end of words ending in er (ie. sneaka and sneakas for sneaker) and words that end in a he adds er ( ie. soder instead of soda). It has slipped a bit over the years and he sounds a little more like me. He is trying to blend in with the rest of NJ... Lol
    No accent from NJ?  As a fellow NJ girl, I find that hard to believe.  NJ has a very distinct accent.  I'm from north Jersey (NYC suburb) and DH is from south Jersey (Philly suburb) and I find that we have slightly different pronounciations of the same words.  When I go anywhere, people know I'm from NJ as soon as I open my mouth. 

I'm a little late to this chat. I'm from Long Island, there are 2 parts of LI. North shore has no accent - that's me. South shore is the stereotype LawnGuyland. People are always shocked I have no accent. I think NJ is the same - north no accent, south def has one. So does Philly where I now live. I'm sorry but "yous" is not a word! So mh is from PA and we've established I say weird things. I call the shopping cart at the grocery store a "wagon" didn't know that was weird until I said it to him when we were dating. I also pronounce drawer as draw. Endless laughter for mh! Sandwiches are heros not subs or grinders. And sprinkles not jimmies.
    Oh and I say shitfaced too. And introduced the term Masshole to him, he loves that one

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• Just so I'm not leaving anything out, I actually live in Michigan now. And people here need to learn how to pronounce things! @sunflwra‌ omg MUMS! Seriously one of the weirdest high school traditions ever. People pay hundreds of dollars so their teen can give someone a huge flower to wear at homecoming with tons of crap hanging from it... And the bigger the better. Some of them weigh 15-20 lbs. I don't get it. @MrsKush1014‌ we moved around a lot but Coon Rapids, Fridley and Maple Grove. I think the only reason there was an issue with toboggan and pallet was because one parent was from Texas and one from Minnesota. So, when my mom said to put my toboggan on, my dad was confused as to how you could wear a sled. Lol same with a pallet, she said the kids could make pallets to sleep on during a birthday party and he was upset she wanted us to sleep on wooden crates. And omg I hated duck duck gray duck! It is actually a mean game if you think about it.
    I live in Michigan, too, and I didn't realize that certain things are "Michigander" speak until I started working with people who weren't from MI.  Like adding "s" to the end of stores.  "I'm going to Kroger's" or "Meijers."  When people here say "up north" they usually mean the UP, which makes zero sense to anyone who doesn't live here.  I noticed that we sort of make our "t" sounds "d" sounds--so "water" sounds like "wadder" and "city" sounds like "ciddy."  
  • I'm from Jersey and have never been told I have an accent. And, as I have just learned, I don't really have many or any regional sayings! Who knew crazy Jersey was so boring?
    Don't forget, you produced Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi!!!  
    Oh and don't you have jug handles???  My DH worked at the Six Flags for a season so I traveled down to Jersey a few times one summer :)   I never heard the term jug handle until I met my husband.

• @dawnstar898‌, we do indeed have jug handles! And we call circles circles, not rotaries or round-abouts. I guess it's hard to determine regional sayings because they seem normal to you.
    Yes I do call them rotaries my DH calls them traffic circles (he's originally from upstate NY)  I don't think rotaries are really used anywhere else in the US except NJ and MA!  At least not as much.  They are everywhere where I live.  We even live a few miles from one that was featured on Ripley's Believe it or not, I think they say it's the most streets, 7,  that intersect without a single traffic light in the world?  Not sure about my facts but it's pretty intense, even for someone who grew up with rotaries!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"