February 2014 Moms

FFFC

I have a long car ride later to read these so go for it!

Re: FFFC

• edited June 2014
    I'm in the car w 6 kids and DH driving up to a water park. I just had to get in the back sit and pull my boob out and lean over the screaming, not really starving but hates his carseat baby and nurse him.----- 2 semis honked----- guessing our tinted windows are not that dark =D>

Now my back hurts---- Mia Tia maybe in order once we arrive- ya know keeping it classy
  • Loading the player...
  • the untaggable @car seat‌ posted a pic of her DD a little while ago about a family outing and said something about porter. I was convinced that was her daughter's name until she said there was a sale on Porter's. I'm still confused if Porter's is a thing or her DD's name. because too lazy to google and it could still be a name. :-/
  • Rach521 said:

the untaggable @car seat‌ posted a pic of her DD a little while ago about a family outing and said something about porter. I was convinced that was her daughter's name until she said there was a sale on Porter's. I'm still confused if Porter's is a thing or her DD's name. because too lazy to google and it could still be a name. :-/

Forgive me if I'm wrong, @car seat‌...

I am under the impression that car has never shared the names of her children and that she intends to keep it that way?? I'm pretty sure the "porter" part was in reference to something else. :-/
  • Oh goodness... Here's one...

On the entertainment center in the living room, there are two glass doors that open up to shelves on one side. Every year for Christmas, I put wrapping paper on the inside of the glass and decorate it to look like a Christmas present (that in itself is enough to be a FFFC). But I just now realized that the green wrapping paper is still taped to the inside and I have every intention of leaving it up because there's no way I'm going to clean out those shelves and make it look presentable. The wrapping paper hides the clutter and I'm okay with that. :-\"
  • The St. Patricks day decorations are still up in my house.

And I don't care.

I use Christmas lights in my room as a night light. The clear strand just burned out, so now I'm using colored ones.

I seem to have a Christmas problem going on. I'm glad I'm not alone in the whole decoration thing though. I have to ask... What are the decorations you still have up?
  • @JA82406‌ I thought she didn't want to share them either, that's why I was so confused!!
    @megash113‌ you're so smart. that makes much more sense.
  • Metreky21Metreky21 member
    edited June 2014
    Yesterday was the first day I had ever read a book to LO. He'll be four months tomorrow. :-S

Eta: I plan to do it every day now. I need more books. Any suggestions?
  • I like country music but hate Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffet X_X

@Metreky21‌ On the Night You Were Born and Guess How Much I Love You. instant tears. and Is Your Mama A Llama because rhymes are fun!
  • Metreky21 said:

Yesterday was the first day I had ever read a book to LO. He'll be four months tomorrow. :-S

Eta: I plan to do it every day now. I need more books. Any suggestions?

I love Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones and Big Blue Truck. Whatever you do, don't do Seuss...it's hard to read and the words make your eyes bleed.
  • @magentawarped‌ I once tried to read The Lorax without noticing the thickness of the book. I'm pretty sure my eyes fell out at one point.
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Maybe this topic warrants it's own thread?
  • Steam train dream train and goodnight goodnight construction site.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My best time of the day with LO is when I put him down for bed at night. I still am clueless on what to do with a 4 (almost 5) month old all day. I am eagerly awaiting toddler phase but something tells me when I get to toddler I'll miss this stage.
  • Hg45 said:

My best time of the day with LO is when I put him down for bed at night. I still am clueless on what to do with a 4 (almost 5) month old all day. I am eagerly awaiting toddler phase but something tells me when I get to toddler I'll miss this stage.

I have this problem too. I get all sorts of anxiety thinking about what to do with him and if he's getting enough developmental stimulation. Now that he's four months I'm finding it easier because he can play by himself on his playmat. But then I worry he's spending too much time on it...and should I constantly be on the floor with him? Ugh. Driving myself crazy and I'm sure all the STMs are laughing at me...

My point is, you're not alone! ;)
  • Metreky21 said:

Hg45 said:

My best time of the day with LO is when I put him down for bed at night. I still am clueless on what to do with a 4 (almost 5) month old all day. I am eagerly awaiting toddler phase but something tells me when I get to toddler I'll miss this stage.

I have this problem too. I get all sorts of anxiety thinking about what to do with him and if he's getting enough developmental stimulation. Now that he's four months I'm finding it easier because he can play by himself on his playmat. But then I worry he's spending too much time on it...and should I constantly be on the floor with him? Ugh. Driving myself crazy and I'm sure all the STMs are laughing at me...

My point is, you're not alone! ;)
    Um, STM here and I second guess myself the same way! And I also get to have the fun, am I not doing enough for #2 cause I'm doing stuff with #1 thoughts too!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• babies are scooting, too?? cue anxiety attack as LO hasn't rolled over yet. excuse me while I go breathe into a brown paper bag.
  • I read my books to LO sometimes, and he seems to be as interested in Dr Suess as he is in Game of Thrones
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Rach521 said:

babies are scooting, too?? cue anxiety attack as LO hasn't rolled over yet. excuse me while I go breathe into a brown paper bag.

Mine doesn't roll either way. And he just got interested in doing a little scooting. Don't panic!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I read my books to LO sometimes, and he seems to be as interested in Dr Suess as he is in Game of Thrones
    Our pediatrician said it really is the more words LOs are exposed to, the better. She said reading anything is good for brain development and that she reads her Cosmopolitan magazine out loud to her baby (she has an 8 month old).
    BFP#1 9/10/2012- EDD 5/19/2013- Miscarriage 10/8/2012

BPF #2 6/20/2013- EDD 2/23/2014- Baby girl born 2/19/2014

• I
    vshumway said:

Confession that I should be flamed for because I didn't need it. I made triple fudge brownies tonight. And then when they were warm I cut a piece, put it in a bowl. Added ice cream, whip cream, sprinkles, and cherries. It was delicious.

Tomorrow we are all going to a local historic sight that has an 800 acre colonial farm. Time to do some serious walking.

Please share. That sounds so good!!
    =P~
  • @Bookshelves‌ @shellbell3845‌ phew! thanks girls!! I know all babies develop differently but sometimes I get caught up in the "but everyone else is doing it"
  • innanni said:

@Rach521 Didn't mean to make you feel bad!   He seriously hadn't done either at all at five months.  I was gone four days and he just got mobile out of nowhere.  He still has not laughed.  :(  

Mine isn't either..he gives me little giggles sometimes, but I miss the big belly laughs that DD used to give me.

• @innanni‌ you didn't, it's ok!! it's my own crazy FTM mind. :)
  • DD will be 5 months on Thursday. She doesn't roll. Or laugh. I'm not real concerned yet. She has spent a lot of time eating her toes, putting everything in her mouth (she can put her paci back in if she wants to), and 'talking'. I figure those are the skills she chose to work on instead.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"