TTC After a Loss
Options

Friday Throat Punch

Daily vents, frustrations, shitty shit, etc go here.

TGIF lovelies!!

Re: Friday Throat Punch

• Options

I'm going to TP myself this morning.

So, my husband came home last night and informed me that his coworkers wife is pregnant. This woman has suffered through 3 losses and had a hysteroscopy to remove multiple polyps in the spring. Her husband (Dhs coworker) approached my husband last year asking about what their next steps should be (our losses are pretty much out in the open) and Dh suggested they seek out a better doctor and get testing done.

Two weeks ago, I was sorting through my OPKs and HPTs and decided that I wanted to donate some. I had just dealt with a mind fuck of an evap line and swore I'd only test using FRERs from that moment on. So, Dh brought his coworker some to give to his wife.

Well, she's KU - she found out using my HPTs.

I feel horrible because my reaction was not pretty. I was angry and jealous and started ugly crying. My husband was horribly disappointed that I wasn't more excited for them. I mean clearly I'm happy for her and hoping that this is her rainbow but I'm in the last leg of my 2ww and I just couldn't handle it last night.

TP to me for being an asshole.

• Options
    Km380Km380 member
    @PinkCamino‌ (((hugs))) try not to be so hard on yourself, you weren't being an asshole. Vesper is right, the irony is overwhelming.
    Fx for your 2ww!

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PinkCamino Lots of Hugs!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    blackbird818blackbird818 member
    edited June 2014
    @PinkCamino‌ big squishy (((((hugs))))) sweetie. You're not alone in your jealous thoughts. I have them too. For me at least, the jealousy comes at the beginning but after I let the news digest, the jealousy & anger subside. Only then can I be happy for the other person.
    The HPTs adds a whole level of pain; I get it. Salt in an open wound.
    Don't beat yourself up too much!! :-*

Edit typos
  • Options
    @PinkCamino‌ ((hugs)). We're only human, don't beat yourself up. You can still be happy for them without giving up your right to be sad as well. <> TP to my coworkers and my cold. I feel like shit, have all week, but no one would rearrange their schedules so I could take a sick day.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    MBJuneMBJune member
    @PinkCamino (((Hugs)))  I would have reacted the same way.  Be good to yourself, you can't control how you feel.  Hope today is a better day!

Dx: PCOS/Unexplained
    July '13 - Mar '14 - Letrozole and TI - BFN
    April '14 - HSG - All clear - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP
    May '14 - Miscarriage 5w 3d
    July '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Aug '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Sept '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP

Beta 1 - 87  Beta 2 - 193  Beta 3 - 441
    SA - All good
    ALL Welcome

• Options
    ((HUGS)) @PinkCamino‌ I totally would have melted into a puddle of tears myself.
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    @meredithcarole‌ I hope you feel better!

TP to my fucking body. Again. I have a history of irregular paps. Last May I had a normal one before my pregnancies. Doctors office just called and it's irregular again. Goddamnit. Now I have to go back for a biopsy. An tp to mh for sounding annoyed when I told him! Like I have any control over this! Did I need him to get annoyed and tell me life isn't fair. Not helpful. He could tell I was upset, I told him I hate my body and that's his reaction.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

image imageimage

• Options
    Km380 said:
    @meredithcarole‌ I hope you feel better! TP to my fucking body. Again. I have a history of irregular paps. Last May I had a normal one before my pregnancies. Doctors office just called and it's irregular again. Goddamnit. Now I have to go back for a biopsy. An tp to mh for sounding annoyed when I told him! Like I have any control over this! Did I need him to get annoyed and tell me life isn't fair. Not helpful. He could tell I was upset, I told him I hate my body and that's his reaction.

So many ((hugs)) FX for good results!
  • Options
    @pinkcamino I would have had the same reaction. Big ((hugs)) to you!

Me: 34; DH: 38; SD: 9
    TTC #1 since November 2013

BFP #1: 2/4/14--EDD 10/14/14--CP 2/8/14

BFP #2: 3/1/14--EDD 11/15/14--MMC at 12w6d (baby stopped developing at 11w4d)
    D&C 5/13/14; Retained Tissue Found: Cytotec 5/30/14; 2nd D&C 6/20/14

BFP #3: 12/13/14--EDD 8/27/15--MMC at 7 weeks (no fetal pole and measuring 1 1/2 weeks behind)--Cytotec 1/9/15

January 2015: Off to RE for RPL testing

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAugust 4

• Options
    @km380 I hope it's nothing but a couple of irregular cells and everything is just fine. ((HUGS))
  • Options
    TP to the embryologist dept. for leaving early today. I just confirmed that they have the PGS results of our 5 embryos but nobody is there to tell me what they are. I'm losing my shit and already started sobbing because I'm so nervous. Grrr! :-SS
  • Options
    (Hugs) @PinkCamino‌ that would've been overwhelming. The feeling you get, when you know you're supposed to be happy for someone but the subject of their happiness is what hurts you, sucks, so much.
    @Km380‌ so sorry! Fx that's everything is ok.
  • Options
    @PinkCamino‌ I would have reacted the exact same way!
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    Thanks ladies. I've been through this so many times I'm just sick of it. Like everything else nothing I can do about it. Hopefully mh will come up with a better reaction and some support between now and the next appt in 3 wks

@flgrl521‌ that sucks! I'm sorry you have to wait longer

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    TP to my dog. I love the little stinker, but his inability to let people groom him ended up costing me more than I would have liked to spend. Next time I'll make him work off the extra charge for being difficult ;)
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @Km380 I'm so sorry for what you're going through! How frustrating.
  • Options

@PinkCamino - pretty sure I would have reacted in exactly the same way- agree with others with the horrible irony.  Big ((hugs)).

AFM - TP to the nurse in my PCPs office. Went to see my PCP to renew my ADD/ADHD meds (woo hoo- one of the few positives about not currently TTC or being PG).  Nurse was doing the pre-appointment questions- asked me the reason for my visit (rx refill), why I stopped taking it last March (pregnancy), etc. She was directing me to the appointment room and telling me the dr would be right with me and then proceeded to ask me when I had my baby. I told her that I didn't and that I had a late miscarriage and then proceeded to break down in the hallway.

I don't know why sometimes I can talk about it with no problem and others I just bawl. I guess I was caught off guard.  I know she was trying to be nice by asking and she was so apologetic when I responded- I just didn't need this today.

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    sunflwra said:

@PinkCamino - pretty sure I would have reacted in exactly the same way- agree with others with the horrible irony.  Big ((hugs)).

AFM - TP to the nurse in my PCPs office. Went to see my PCP to renew my ADD/ADHD meds (woo hoo- one of the few positives about not currently TTC or being PG).  Nurse was doing the pre-appointment questions- asked me the reason for my visit (rx refill), why I stopped taking it last March (pregnancy), etc. She was directing me to the appointment room and telling me the dr would be right with me and then proceeded to ask me when I had my baby. I told her that I didn't and that I had a late miscarriage and then proceeded to break down in the hallway.

I don't know why sometimes I can talk about it with no problem and others I just bawl. I guess I was caught off guard.  I know she was trying to be nice by asking and she was so apologetic when I responded- I just didn't need this today.

So many ((hugs))

I find that when I'm put in a situation where talking about it is not on my own terms it becomes harder to actually talk about it. I'm sorry you had to deal with that today.

• Options
    @mflowers929 - Do tell what you plan to make him do ;-)
    @VesperLynch - I'll have to think about it. Maybe I'll devise little mopper booties and have him mop the floor, sort of like the mopper baby

@sunflwra - ((big hugs))
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Its ok to feel that way @pinkcamino I've donated a lot of infertility meds and seen a few babies created from my meds.... TTCAL its a mindfluck, sorry :(
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options

@km380 scary, I'm sorry hopefully the biopsy comes back ok. I had issues with that about 10 years ago, not so fun especially when you've got other things to be worried about....Thinking of you!

Anniversary

• Options

TP to AF.... I briefly posted on CT but I stopped BCP on Monday and have been waiting for AF so I can start taking Estrace for my frozen transfer in a few weeks. Ok so nothing, nothing, nothing... then last night at around 2am I thought I was going to die. I'm not exaggerating I had the worst cramps in my life so bad they made me throw up. I huddled up in a ball and finally went back to sleep like, "Oh AF is for sure going to be there when I wake up" and when I woke up I felt amazing and no AF. Soooo I called my doctors office and literally yelled at the nurse when she suggested I come on Monday for b/w and u/s to give AF a full week to show. I told her that last year she pulled the same crap and she wasn't coming and I'm not waiting, and yadda yadda yadda finally I got my way and made an appt. for tomorrow morning. I'm not even f***ing joking when I say an hour later I'm like, "Hmmm...." yup, AF. Grrrrrr stupid bish.!

Anniversary

• Options
    TP to the black snake that thought it would be a good idea to hunt for toads in my tree trunk table.

I called my fil over to help me get him out and take him to the woods...Well it didn't work out very well for him or the table.

No TP for my fil because he came over really quick to help me and I live him too much to do that to him :) Plus he said we could cut down another dead tree to replace my table.

TP to the bump app for not letting me share the pictures I have to go along with my story :(
  • Options
    kflynn81 said:

TP to AF.... I briefly posted on CT but I stopped BCP on Monday and have been waiting for AF so I can start taking Estrace for my frozen transfer in a few weeks. Ok so nothing, nothing, nothing... then last night at around 2am I thought I was going to die. I'm not exaggerating I had the worst cramps in my life so bad they made me throw up. I huddled up in a ball and finally went back to sleep like, "Oh AF is for sure going to be there when I wake up" and when I woke up I felt amazing and no AF. Soooo I called my doctors office and literally yelled at the nurse when she suggested I come on Monday for b/w and u/s to give AF a full week to show. I told her that last year she pulled the same crap and she wasn't coming and I'm not waiting, and yadda yadda yadda finally I got my way and made an appt. for tomorrow morning. I'm not even f***ing joking when I say an hour later I'm like, "Hmmm...." yup, AF. Grrrrrr stupid bish.!

@kflynn81 - I'm sorry hon- AF is a M***F***r!

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    sunflwra said:

So many ((hugs))

I find that when I'm put in a situation where talking about it is not on my own terms it becomes harder to actually talk about it. I'm sorry you had to deal with that today.

I think that's totally it.  I also have a really hard time with the 'pity' eyes that tend to follow
    :-S

• Options
    sunflwra said:
    sunflwra said:

So many ((hugs))

I think that's totally it.  I also have a really hard time with the 'pity' eyes that tend to follow
    :-S

Yeah that's really hard too. I'm so sorry ((hugs))

• Options
    ((Hugs)) ladies, my TP pales in comparison.

TP to my DH. I left work an hour early today since it's a summer Friday and everyone else had left. Instead of leaving a little early, like he usually does on a Friday, or even leaving on time, he left work an hour late! I wanted to have a fun happy-hour-turns-to-dinner-turns-to-fun-sex type of night and instead he was crabby all night! To make matters worse, we went to one of our favorite local restaurants and he found a piece of Saran Wrap in his food (once it made it to his mouth and halfway down his throat). The manager got him a replacement meal (which he ended up taking to-go), comped both of our meals and gave us two surprise desserts with the to-go food, and yet DH was still crabby! No sex tonight! :-(

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"