Breastfeeding

Wine tasting

Friends are coming into town when DD will be 3 months. They planned a visit to a winery as it is a mile from my house. I plan to have a few pumped bottles ready for DH while I am out at the winery but I am more concerned with what to do when I return!

Have any of you had a night out and consumed more than 2-3 alcoholic drinks? What did you do?

Should I plan to have a bunch of bottles ready for when I return and just pump if I am extremely uncomfortable? I have the alcohol test strips but really don't know how long the alcohol actually stays in my system (to get to her). I know there is no hard and fast rule but if I have a few glasses of wine should I just give her bottles for the next few feedings just incase?

Re: Wine tasting

• If it were me, I would just base it on how I felt.  If I was feeling a buzz, I would offer a bottle and pump only if needed to relieve discomfort.  If you can legally drive, then you are fine to feed your baby.  
  • Personally I would pump and dump.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would probably pump and dump if I felt anything. Pumping will keep the supply up and you can probably dump once and feed on the next one depending how you feel.
  • Thank you for your responses! I will make sure to have a good stash and see how I feel after! I am a nervous nelly and probably would rather pump and dump because I don't know for sure what she is getting!

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"