Single Parents

The Great Teething Monster

Holy fuckaroonies. THIS SUCKS! Where is ManChild when I need him? This is exactly why it's crap that douchebag BD's get to swoop in when all the "fun" is over and love on their kids as if nothing has happened.

E is just non stop fussing and crying and I am so sick of it. I've frozen like tons of baby washcloths, given her teethers, baby teething tabs, etc. Problem with the cloths is she wants me to hold them for her the whole time. Hey kid, I'm not sitting here for 5, 10, 15 minutes holding this crap for you. I know it sucks for her but I am just O V E R it and it just started. Oh and she isn't napping either, so basically I either keep the TV on a baby show 24/7 or put her in her crib and let her cry bc I HAVE to get school done. 

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: The Great Teething Monster

• Yes these are tough months. It will get better try to have patience.
  • I know its hard. But take deep breaths, it does get better. Remember crying and fussing is the only way e can convey shes hurting and fussing. Try freezing water in nuks i do this for bentley. I did it more when he didnt know how to hold the washrag/pickle
  • Loading the player...
  • eg214eg214 member
    That's what I've decided I will start doing tomorrow @lurchbaby. Ugh. I thought we were in the clear or are shit days were behind us. Just all but snapped tonight. I mean, not to do anything to her, but to scream. I really was on the verge of just being like FUCK THIS SHIT as loud as I could. LOL. 

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • I understand. I wanted to call XH up on the phone and yell LALALALALALALALA into the phone the day DD woke me up at 3 AM and puked all over my bed.

Take a deep breath. These days are fleeting. She will get through the teething and she will eventually STTN. As for manchild not being there...just remember, you get all the hard times but you also get all the good times too. He gets nothing. Poor guy. (said with sarcasm).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • lurchbaby said:
    I got this advice when M was born and it helped me.

When things get rough, as they always will, do 10-15 minutes of taking care of baby. Go through all the checks(food, diaper, etc), sing, comfort, etc. Then put her in a safe place and take 5 minutes to yourself. Get some water, eat a sandwich, bathroom or whatever. Then do another 10-15 minutes of baby care. 

I honestly credit this advice with keeping me from being one of those moms on the news that threw her kid out the window. 

The other night i had to put myself in the bathroom for my 5 minutes off because M can open is door now. Kids are hard, yo.
    And this too. When I was on maternity leave (and XH was back to working 13 hour days...) I got to a point where she had been fed, cleaned, changed, burped, snuggled, given gas drops, had temperature checked, etc etc etc and would still not stop screaming and my level of frustration was reaching a boiling point. I put her in her crib, went in my room, shut the door, and called a friend. Your baby will be FINE for those five minutes and you will be in a much better place. Plus, babies can pick up on your moods. So don't be afraid to take a break!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • eg214eg214 member
    We got out today and that helped SO MUCH. Another mom invited us over to watch the soccer game so she wasn't really fussy in a new environment. She fell asleep on me in the carrier and we got through today with very few fits. Yay! Bad news is I got my car back today from the body shop, so no more 4 doors and AC. Which means no more going out and driving places just for fun. Too hot for that!

• teething sucks, no doubt about it. and they don't sleep either!!! I hope it helps. 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• eg214eg214 member
    My babe is doing the opposite...sort of. Not napping during the day really, but sleeping long stretches at night. Thank god for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"