Stay at Home Moms
Options

Update on cousin's baby

Backstory: 4 month old with malignant tumor on his liver. 

He was diagnosed with hepatoblastoma which is apparently highly treatable with chemotherapy. He has undergone his first round of chemotherapy and has done pretty well thus far. He is set to be discharged tomorrow afternoon. He has a bad diaper rash because the chemotherapy medicine comes out in the urine, so he has some discomfort from that. The plan as of now is to come back in 3-4 weeks for another round, then I believe one more round of chemo and then check to see if the tumor has shrunk at all. If it has shrunk enough, they are hoping to be able to surgically remove it. They have a 2.5 year old little girl too, so they definitely have their hands full with all of this chaos going on. Continued positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated! 
Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update on cousin's baby

• Options
    meglewmeglew member
    Many thoughts and prayers for your family and that sweet little boy.  No little baby should ever have to go through that.  I wish him much strength to get through this and for all those who love him too.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options
    Poor little guy :( I'm glad his first round of chemo went well. Hopefully it'll shrink enough soon so they can do the surgery. Sending T&Ps for him and his family as they go through this.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jjt616jjt616 member
    Prayers for the baby and your cousin and your family.

• Options
    Such a tough situation. Thanks for the update; still sending them lots of T&Ps.
  • Options
    That's terrible....prayers are with them.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"