Parenting
Options

Officer Shoots Dog

Has this already been discussed here? Basically a man in Utah comes home to find that an officer shot his dog after entering the fenced in back yard to search for a missing child. (The child ended up being in the parents home the entire time) I feel so bad for the owner, I'm not much of a pet person but I know how important they are to most pet owners. The officers here have the short end of the stick too. They're stuck trying to answer the questions of a very upset pet owner without having any real information.

Re: Officer Shoots Dog

• Options
    Like @fredalina‌ said, there needs to he more training (I know, I know, with what money?).

Too many cops can't read dogs at all, which is an issue because for the dog's safety and the cop's safety.

I've seen videos of some of these incidents. Some shootings of dogs are justified (dog is approaching and threatening and owner isn't there or dog isn't recalling). Some are not.

image image
  • Options
    This really bothers me. Our dogs are never outside when we're not home, but I can guarantee a police officer would feel threatened by my pets. I mean, they're intimidating to a lot of people. I just feel so awful for that mean. I would have been bawling if I got a call saying one of my girls had been shot. Weimaraners are intense looking dogs, but I remember a case of a swat team busting down the door of a city's mayor and killing their black lab, who was just walking down the hallway. I don't know what the answer is here, but this shit breaks my heart.
    -------------------------------------
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened in the next town over from me. The police busted into the mayor's house on a suspected drug trafficking thing, tied up his mother and wife and shot their two labs because they felt threatened. It was a huge fuck up, really. There was even evidence that one of the dogs was running away and both dogs were shot multiple times.

I don't know what the right thing to do is, and I'm sure there are times when it's warranted but I also think something better needs to happen. Other than "sorry we killed your dogs for no reason afterall."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"