Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Calcium Ideas

Soooo....I took away the bottle cold turkey at 18 mos from DD and as I predicted...she will no longer drink milk. Tried every cup...tried it cold..warm...once put a bit of chocolate in it just to see...nada.  She hates yogurt.  Cheese she loves, of course.  She'll eat beans, broccoli, and almond butter most of the time.  What other sources of calcium do your LO's like?

Re: Calcium Ideas

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    My LOs have/had a dairy allergy, so calcium was always tough. Will she drink OJ? I use the Simply Orange Juice fortified with Vitamin D and Calcium to help in the mornings. What about broccoli or any other green leafy veggie? can you sneak spinach into a smoothie or I pinned a recipe for turkey/spinach meatballs. My kids don't notice the spinach b/c the spaghetti sauce covers it up.
    imageimage
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    Another thought- if she won't drink cow's milk, will she do a milk subsitute like almond or coconut? What about frozen yogurt? You could make healthy popsicles with yogurt, fruit and veggies of your choice.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cottage cheese, dd loves it. We use it as an after dinner snack with fruit. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I will try some of these ideas!!!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"