Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Bjorn/Backpack Carrier

I was gifted a baby bjorn from my sister in law and I was wondering when you can put baby front facing in there?  My DD is almost 5 months old and can hold up her head pretty well.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for a backpack type carrier?  I would like to get one for our vacation this fall, DD will be about 9 months old by then.

Meet DH in 2008 - Engaged on 4.11.2011 - Married on 9.22.2012 - BFP on 5.10.2013 - DD born via emergency c-section on 1.23.2014 

Re: Baby Bjorn/Backpack Carrier

• Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    I have an Ergo and just started wearing LO on my back, which he loves. He didn't really care that he wasn't forward facing when I wore him on my front. I had considered getting the Beco Gemini or the new Ergo 360 to wear him front facing out but since he's happy on my back I'm gonna go that route.

If you're looking for a frame carrier that allows you to carry more than just baby, Kelty makes a nice one thats not outrageously priced.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wear my five month old forward facing in the baby bjorn we were gifted. She loves it.
    She isn't constantly in it, but I do wear her while grocery shopping or browsing in the store. :)
  • Options
    I never knew that the baby bjorn caused hip issues.  I don't wear her much but I just want something for our walks in places that are not stroller friendly and for our vacation.  
    Meet DH in 2008 - Engaged on 4.11.2011 - Married on 9.22.2012 - BFP on 5.10.2013 - DD born via emergency c-section on 1.23.2014 

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I have a Baby Bjorn One carrier. I love it! It's different then the other BB's.does not cause hip problems. I tried ergo. Hated it. tried beco. Hated it. tried mei tei. Hated it. Tried moby wrap. it was awful. you can use it on your front and back so you get more use out of it.

my daughter is 5 months old and now faces outward. she loves it! laughs the whole time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"