Single Parents

dealing w baby sleep issues

anyone else going bonkers w a babe that doesn't sleep well?? sometimes i am glad i am single and don't have to navigate/keep alive etc an intimates relationship on top of all the new baby stuff .. but days like today I really needed someone to hand her off to !! have a 4 mo old that is the worst sleeper and napper .. doing all sorts of recommended tricks but it is indeed hard to be consistent when there's no backup-- just whining here -- I know others are nj the same place and I know there's no magic answer ... this kid is lucky she's so cute!

Re: dealing w baby sleep issues

• Its hard, id be lieing to you if i said it wasnt. Theres no magic trick. When my ds was four months old he didnt sleep for shit. I tried every trick in the book. We finally just coslept so he would sleep. There were. Few nights we slept on the couch watvhing tangled. You do what youve got to do.

But this too shall pass and sleep will get better
  • Oh my goodness I feel so bad for you!
    I could have murdered my husband when we went through those nights and I had him home here. I couldn't imagine dealing with that completely by myself (although most nights I felt completely by myself...I still wasn't).
    Do you have family? A friend? Anyone that can come over and hold LO while you take a nap? There is a 4 month wakeful where they start to really become aware of everything around them so sleep is not fun for them. It will pass. I lived by Little Tummy gas drops at that age. I gave them before bed or if LO woke up crying. I used them mostly with DS1 cause DS2 was a much better sleeper.
    Good luck. And make sure when LO takes a nap, put everything (even a shower) on the back burner and sleep too.
  • Loading the player...
  • rjnp78rjnp78 member
    yes my mom does some night duty when she can -- and I do try to nap or go to sleep the second she is down.. but yeah we end up sleeping together by the third or forth wakeup ! anywho .. it's a new day ! thanks gals
  • You poor thing! My secret was co sleeping and breast feeding, A slept through the night from about four weeks kinda, i mean he woke but i just gave him some boob and continued sleeping but before that My parents were my heros! I would sleep 7pm to 11pm and they watch A,then I woke 11pm till 4am and then my dad got up at 4am every morning and I slept till 7am, I think they literally saved my life! I know even now though when we have a bad sleep night it kills me! I still co sleep with A I'm still breast feeding and Im just dreading the change over as I need every ounce of sleep I can get for my sanity so hugs to you!
    My only suggestions are co sleeping and I would keep A awake a minimum of four hours before even attempting a nap and I would take him outside get that fresh air in him, make him really move / roll around, stuff him full of food and milk and then give him a slightly hotter bath than usual before popping him down, we found all these things worked really really well :)
    Hope that helps and hugs again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"