Single Parents

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for...

One of my two financial aid checks coming today. Now I will be able to pay rent for July. I had like $10 to my name. Seriously.

LO giving me some good sleep periods. Going on 3 hours now which is her somewhat norm, so not too special but it's so much better than 2 hours. She slept for about 6 last night and slept in a bit this morning until 7:30 :)

My cable mysteriously coming back. Long story but it's back and free and I feel like I have ZERO clue what shows are on now a days since it's been over a month without it.

Getting some time with some mom friends today.

My mom trying to get a flight here for the 4th. So far, no such luck but I'm happy there is a little chance.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Thankful Thursday

• My mom. She is coming over today for a few hours. And she rented the shore house for us/with us next week. I would not be having a vacation if she didn't do that.

My job. They are super understanding and supportive and are trying to find me full time work.

My new "friend". I've been beaten down for so long and he makes me feel special and alive and like a woman (I'm not just mom or the ex wife).

I also feel motivated to not look like I just popped out 2 kids and I've lost a ton of weight!
  • Im going to say it again, im thankful for bf. A few of my irl friends have relationships so aweful and toxic.whenever they talk to me about their relationship i always apreciate bf even more after.

Im thankful that ill be able to graduate sooner rather then later

Im thankful for coffee after ds epic crying fits last night

Im thankful for all my friends irl and online you guys are amazing
  • Loading the player...
  • A little late but i have alot to be thankful for lately. First i am thankful for our new condo and fresh start. I am very thankful for my job for making me able to support my daughter on my own. My family for loving K and always helping out. And lastly for new bf for being amazing and treating k as his own
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh man, I am *so thankful* for BF. He is totally super sweet and borderline I can't handle it.  He came over yesterday and surprised me by installing a new faucet in the kitchen.  While doing so, he noticed a couple things that were wrong in the plumbing so he fixed that too.  He told me his next project was fixing the leaky faucet in the bathroom.  It was like pulling teeth to get BD to come over and help me when I asked for help with things.  BF wasn't asked, in fact, he said he wanted to do it to surprise me. Which he did.  He's been the best dad to DD, he takes such good care of her and he loves her like she was his own.  I couldn't have asked for more.

My mom.  She has been coming over every Saturday to help me out, and she watches DD when I need a break.  She also gives me advice when things happen and I'm like "WTF do I do??" and, of course, her advice works. 

My dad.  As much as I complain about him, he really does help out a lot (sometimes without being asked, sometimes after fighting, lol).

I'm thankful to have a place for DD and I, though I do hope to move out soon.  I don't want to live with my dad for the rest of my life, and I know BF doesn't want to move into that house with my dad either. HAHA
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"