Babies: 0 - 3 Months

newborn behavior q

My lil one is 7 weeks old and I've noticed that in the last week or so he's been thrusting out his tongue a ton.  He also has been constantly holding his hands in fists.  Anyone else have a similar experience??  Thanks!

Re: newborn behavior q

• My 5 week old always has her hands in fists, since she was born. This is very common. I've also noticed her starting to stick her tongue out, just in the past day or so.
  • thanks!  I forgot to mention that I'm a first time mom so of course I'm getting paranoid about everything and my mother is no help!  She makes comments non stop about his behaviors so I start to worry then she comments that I'm too anxious which doesn't help either!  
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2014
    Agreed with pp tongue is early sign of hunger & fists are common, DS cant get his thumb out of his fists to suck on lol & sometimes he will practically punch my chest which is also hunger sign. Did I mention I have a big, hungry baby?!
  • PaoPao820 said:
    I forgot to mention that I'm a first time mom so of course I'm getting paranoid about everything and my mother is no help!  She makes comments non stop about his behaviors so I start to worry then she comments that I'm too anxious which doesn't help either!  
    hmm i think your mom and my mom are best friends.  my mom does the same exact thing!! i am also FTM.  our LO are about the same age.  my LO has been doing the same exact thing.  with the tongue it could also be your LO is just playing and not necessarily hungry. i think it may be they're also discovering they have a tongue and it makes motions/feels things too.

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @peanutz21

Haha too funny!  I thought the same thing, that the tongue is just them figuring it out.  I just wanted to make sure others are doing it since I didn't want it to be a sign of him being sick or something like that (like his throat hurting).  He does it all day long and he's not hungry all day long so I'm guessing it's just him discovering stuff!
  • hordolhordol member
    What is it about these behaviors that worry you? My son is 2.5 months and still does these things. It's very common.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"