Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Birthday Party Planning HELP!

I'm trying to start planning my daughter's first birthday party, I chose a theme, Pink Lemonade, and went pinterest crazy but now I'm realizing that its a pretty summery theme. Her birthday is September 24... So now I'm looking for advice, since fall technically starts 2 days prior do you think this would still be ok? I live in Tucson so it'll still look and feel like summer..

I know this probably seems kind of dumb but I am a terrible party planner and really just want my first child's first birthday party to be perfect (obviously I know it wont be perfect but I can try).

Re: Birthday Party Planning HELP!

• I think it will be fine.
  • Sounds adorable to me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Cute theme :)

I don't think the season will make a difference.
  • Thanks so much for the opinions! I'm glad it'll be fine, I found so many cute ideas! I guess it sounds like a silly question now,but I really am a horrible party planner, you know, that person who throws the party with no decor and not enough food...that's me, so I just really want to knock this one out! :)
  • I dont think it matters at all. Especially since the weather will still be warm and summery where you live. I can understand it could make a difference if her birthday was in Christmas or something (you couls still pull it off with sprinkles of wintery theme like snowflakes etc) . BTW my DD's birthday is 24th too :))) Happy planning!!
  • @gabig2010 September 24th is my DS's birthday too!  I have not began to think about what we are doing yet.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • ewiwooewiwoo member
    My DS bday is Sep. 16. and  I all ready purchased decor and plates and all. I love to do this stuff and have been planning since forever. lol Its a mickey mouse theme ;) We bought a bounce house on amazon. I know he won't enjoy it much now only other kids who come for the party, but he will sooner or later. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • ewiwoo said:
    My DS bday is Sep. 16. and  I all ready purchased decor and plates and all. I love to do this stuff and have been planning since forever. lol Its a mickey mouse theme ;) We bought a bounce house on amazon. I know he won't enjoy it much now only other kids who come for the party, but he will sooner or later. :)
    ours is Minnie Mouse theme :)) My pinterest is bursting with minnie mouse ideas :)
  • Sounds cute!
  • My LO had his birthday party 2 weeks ago. We did a circus theme. Im a FTM too and I went crazy and ended up doing waaay too much. It was a great party, but If I could go back in time I would have had a much smaller party and not gone so overboard.
    Dont stress about things being perfect.
  • I think it makes since of it's still warm there. If your guests are wearing coats then it might be a little off. Cute idea! Believe it or not, I've been to a pink lemonade bday party for a little girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"