November 2013 Moms

FWW

I need to stop it with the pitted fruit purees. So much work for so little yield. I bought plums today and it took me forever to peel and cut them up to put them in the Beaba and I'm sure the 4 plums I'm cooking will only give me about 5-6 pods of puree...if I'm lucky.

I also have a giant watermelon on the counter...and have zero interest in cutting it. It's times like this I'm always reminded why I buy pre-cut.

#LOLFITMAMA

Re: FWW

• I need to stop it with the pitted fruit purees. So much work for so little yield. I bought plums today and it took me forever to peel and cut them up to put them in the Beaba and I'm sure the 4 plums I'm cooking will only give me about 5-6 pods of puree...if I'm lucky.

I also have a giant watermelon on the counter...and have zero interest in cutting it. It's times like this I'm always reminded why I buy pre-cut.
    I peeled one peach when I first started and was like, fuck it.  I sliced the rest of them, skin on, and froze them for her mesh feeder instead of pureeing them.  I had better luck with plums; they were soft enough that the skin peeled off in strips once I got started, but I couldn't use a knife, just my fingers.
    I did that with a peach the other day too! F-it and just cut it up for the teether. Ugh. So annoying! Luckily it's only a few months (eek!!) before they can have it in chunks, am I right?

#LOLFITMAMA
  • If you cut the peach skin on and put it in the microwave for like 30 seconds the skin comes right off.
  • Loading the player...

• braasche1 said:
    Umm... I didn't peel the skin off the peaches I cooked a few weeks ago. I halved and pitted them, baked until tender, then made them into puree with no issues or clumps of skin. Am I missing something about why you should peel them? 
    Personally, I think it makes for a smoother puree.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Kim22Kim22 member
    My dishwasher is broken and my hair dryer shocked me.
  • Kim22Kim22 member

Kim22 said:

My dishwasher is broken and my hair dryer shocked me.

Legit problems alert!

Legit but still first world!
  • I received an automated call saying my couches will be delivered on Saturday (I completely forgot about them).  The message didn't say what time.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• I am debating on buying a one piece bathing suit I found that I actually like. Its really cute and super flattering. I cant decide if its worth the hassle of getting it off to pee and most likely fighting DS from eating the detailing by the boobs.

•  

keight38 said:

I am debating on buying a one piece bathing suit I found that I actually like. Its really cute and super flattering. I cant decide if its worth the hassle of getting it off to pee and most likely fighting DS from eating the detailing by the boobs.

Pics and I'll tell you.

I totally should have taken a pic! Maybe Ill have to run out tomorrow and do that.
  • kailapop said:

I am debating on buying a one piece bathing suit I found that I actually like. Its really cute and super flattering. I cant decide if its worth the hassle of getting it off to pee and most likely fighting DS from eating the detailing by the boobs.

Push your crotch (of the suit) to the side so you can pee. Simple. Now you can buy it.
    ^ this. This is how I rolled as a camp counselor when 1 pieces were required. And it'll be what I do again this summer.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • braasche1 said:

Umm... I didn't peel the skin off the peaches I cooked a few weeks ago. I halved and pitted them, baked until tender, then made them into puree with no issues or clumps of skin. Am I missing something about why you should peel them? 

Just to answer this, I read that you 'should' peel fruit at this stage because the skin may be hard for LO to digest, but if you didn't or haven't in the past then you don't need to if LO was fine with it.
  • kailapop said:

Push your crotch (of the suit) to the side so you can pee. Simple. Now you can buy it.
    You're brilliant!  I wish I had known this before my last trip.  It's a PITA to get a wet bathing suit back on.  
    Seriously not trying to offend, but I feel like this would be common sense for an adult.
    Woah. image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"