Breastfeeding
Options

weaning question

this might be a stupid question but i am going to put it out there anyways. My LO uses bottles while i am at work and then she nurses from me when i am home. She is almost 7 months now and we are hoping (as long as my supply can keep up) to cont BF until 1 yr. For those of you with this similar situation - did you have to "wean" your baby or did you just stop since they were already accustomed to the occasional bottle feed? When she stops feeding what is the best way to help my milk dry up?

Re: weaning question

• Options
    Honestly, its probably just selfish reasons why i planned on stopping at 12 months. i am so nervous about working out bc i dont want it to effect my supply but i am ready to start doing my hard core workouts again. Also, my work has been very good at letting me pump but i can tell my boss is starting to get irritated when i have to go pump and he thinks he needs something (i work for attorneys). 

You said you weaned her morning and night feedings at 2. How many times a night was she eating?
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    When I stopped pumping at work when LO turned 1 year old, my supply tanked, and the milk just dried up; because my LO was only nursing 2 - 3 X at home with me  and it wasn't enough to maintain.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"