Toddlers: 24 Months+

pacifier

i am unemployed for a few months, and my ds appears to be using the pacifier a lot more now since he is home and not in daycare. he cries uncontrollably for  - this is very unlike him. he wants it at all times of day, in the house, outside playing, out in public. sometimes i have to pick and choose these meltdowns and i give in. i know i shouldn't. i am thinking teeth coming in that i can't see yet? changes in his routine? ear infection? help! how did you break your child from using the pacifier? i thought this would be easier.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: pacifier

• DD still uses her at nap time and bedtime. She doesn't have it during the day- we keep it in her crib.

Perhaps cut it down to nap/bedtime. Leave it in the crib.

How old is DS?
  • that's all ds has been having it for, except these last week and a half. ds is 2.5. we leave it in the bed (still co-sleeping) and he'll scream and scream. hoping its just a phase, teeth, our change in routine, something! we'll get through it i'm sure.

• Loading the player...
  • I took it from my son at 1 and I totalllllllyyy advise doing so before the child can talk lol. I had to deal with a week of feeling like the neighbors were gonna call the cops b/c my child was in the bed screaming "Oh my god, help me, oh my god someone help me" not a fine household moment for us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• DS was a paci addict too. We cut it down to him only having it at bedtime & naptime and the car. He only has it in the car now. We keep it in the cup holder on his car seat. I would get rid of it there too, but sometimes he is a screamer and I just cannot handle that while driving.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• great, thanks. we have been tucking the pacifier in to bed when we get up in the morning. the last few days have been more tolerable without it, for him.

• At 1 year old, we started just giving it to her at bed and nap time. We told her her that the paci lived in her bed and couldn't leave it. At 2, we cut the end of it and when she told us it was broken, we had her throw it out. It was 2 nights of crying (1st night 1 hour, 2nd night 10 minutes) and then she never looked back.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"