Oregon Babies

Kaiser OB and ultrasounds

I'm a kaiser patient and I have my first OB appointment on the 23rd. Because I'm not exactly sure if i'm 6 weeks or 14 weeks im hoping my OB will do an ultrasound to figure out how far along I really am. 

I was off BC for a while because the mail order pharmacy never sent me my pills but I continued to have light periods and when I went to planned parenthood for my BC and they did a pregnancy test which came out negative so I got my years worth of BC. Well 2 months and 1 week later (after having 2 more light periods) and being on BC i'm pregnant! So i'm not sure when I conceived at all. 

Is there anyone who went through a similar situation and when did your OB make your first ultrasound?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Kaiser OB and ultrasounds

• RaeJ004RaeJ004 member
    edited May 2014

Mine was not from BC but because I was still nursing my daughter when I became pregnant, they wanted a dating u/s.  I was sent down to u/s right after my first appointment and they just did it then.

GL!

ETA: I was also on Kaiser.  It was at the new Westside hospital.

BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • I don't go through Kaiser or any hospital for my OB care, only for delivery. When I scheduled my first appt with my OB's office, they scheduled the ultrasound before my first OB appt. So when I went to see my OB, they already knew how far along I was. Blood work and tests were scheduled out from that appt. 
    My first and second pregnancy, they ignored my first day of my last period and made up a due date based on the ultrasound. I think its harder to determine EDD if you are over 12 weeks because that's when babies start growing at different paces. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had two babies with Kaiser.  They routinely do a vaginal ultrasound on your first appointment to confirm and date the pregnancy.  Kaiser provides really wonderful prenatal care and delivery overall.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"