March 2014 Moms

Moms on Call PSA

Hey ladies... Just wanted to pop in and recommend Moms on Call to help with sleepless nights and/or fussy/gassy babies.

I can only speak for myself, but my 6 week old has slept 12 hours in his own crib and only woke to feed twice. Dinner (pumped bottle to tank up his belly)- bed- 230 feed- 7 am breast feed.

We had him on Zantac and probiotics for reflux/gas/diarrhea but are now down to just the probiotic with no issues.

Before anyone says this book promotes CIO, we soothed every 5-10 mins for a max of 30 mins crying. The longest he cried was 20 mins the first night and has gone down easily ever since. We don't use white noise either.

I know a lot of sleep has to do with his personality, but I didn't think it's hurt to recommend a resource to those interested.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
TTC Baby B since 10/2012
BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

Re: Moms on Call PSA

• Sorry meant to post in May 2014 BMB

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• memo9memo9 member
    Wait.  You let your 1-2 month old CIO???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What she said ^
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I let my kid cry 20 minutes of his entire day-- one time. Some babies cry hours on end. He doesn't cry a lot in fact that was the longest ever. It worked for our family and he doesn't cry anymore. He enjoys going to bed/nap. All his needs were met and he was safe and I was there with him.

I'm ok with it.

I wasn't purposefully posting here and def did not post to start a debate or mom shame.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• With more than one there is no way I can be attentive to his needs all the time. He's had to cry for a while many times. I don't think her baby is scarred.
  • I'm not scared. I'm not entertaining a debate about your parenting vs. my parenting decisions.

Like I said one time thing. I don't think it's a huge deal. He's a very loved, tended to, and happy baby.

And I don't use white noise because I don't think it's needed. He sleeps in silence, with the TV on, radio, out and about. I choose not to so it isn't needed every time for him to sleep. I know it's more than ok.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• I just don't think it's that big of a deal. It sounds so dramatic. I don't have the luxury of attending to him 100% of the time. But kudos to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"