March 2014 Moms
Options

What do little boys wear to weddings?

A fancy wedding in October. I really don't like baby tuxes or suits. What in the world do they wear?

Re: What do little boys wear to weddings?

• Options
    We bought DS a little three piece outfit with dress pants, a dress shirt, and a vest (so not a full suit) and it came with a little tie with lizards on it. It was blue and charcoal grey. He didn't make it to the wedding in it though because apparently he pooped on it (DH was getting him ready) and so he ended up coming in a black onesie with a faux tux appliqué on the front.
    I would think any kind of dress clothes would be ok though. Even the onesie DS wore seemed to be acceptable.
  • Options
    I would just do a onsie with a little sweater and pants.  True it's not as formal as it sounds like this wedding is, but he's a baby.  I think he gets a pass....plus I wouldn't want to pay the price for a mini suit or tux he'll grow out of in a couple months.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to a wedding in a few weeks and we got a three piece outfit - pants, polo and a sweater vest. We will bring a back up pair of pants and a faux suit onesie (dh bought three when I was pregnant).
    March 2014 February Siggy Challenge: Third Trimester Feelings

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @ffwifey - I haven't thought about the earmuff thing...that may be a good idea

I always have a second outfit in the diaper bag and will most likely have it be pjs but may or may not change him. We are staying in a nearby hotel, though and if we had to get into a car seat I would probably change first.

For dinner I will probably baby wear or do a trade off with dh.

Good questions - I feel a little more prepared now.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember where you live. I'd say it depends on the weather and if it's indoors or out. Here's DS1 in his suit. $35 at Sears. It was for an outdoor wedding in October in Ontario, Canada. He was the ring bearer. But if he had just been a guest, I'd have just found a dressy onesie shirt and basic pants. *pic 2 - we have a similar shirt in a blue checkered pattern *pic 3 - we also have this shirt DS1 wore them a lot (not the suit)
  • Options
    jfb29jfb29 member
    I agree on pants with some sort of vest. I'd also take a sleep and play to change him into.

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• Options
    bmerr said:

Oliver was 10 months when my friend got married. I bought him a cute 3 piece outfit from Target - a cream colored onesie with a mustard yellow bow tie printed on it, with navy/gray dress pants, and a blue and yellow cardigan sweater. I also bough him those socks that look like shoes, since I wasn't buying shoes when he couldn't even walk.

I have a picture, but I can't upload because of the app and now I can't do it in Chrome either (wtf?!)

We have that outfit! So cute :)

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I bought DS a suit for Easter, but it was too big; we are going to a wedding Saturday and my plan is for him to wear it then.
    I know you said you didn't want a suit. I got his outfit off zuilly for only $25. They have some really cute clothes for boys and great prices!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    pepperedmothpepperedmoth member
    edited June 2014
    One wedding down, three to go for us!

I won't buy single-use clothing for him, and I don't like baby suits either.

For the last wedding we went to, I put him all in in clothing we already owned --- a nice charcoal grey onesie printed with a big heart and "Handle With Love," and a cute pair of knit shorts that were black and white with an alphabet print. ETA: this was a more casual wedding. The bride and groom loved him.

We'll see what he fits for the next wedding. I think a very plain, solid-color outfit (all black, all white, all navy, all grey) is unfussy, elegant enough for a baby, and rewearable.

If I ever finish this lace baby shawl I'm knitting, I might just wrap him in that over whatever he's wearing and call it done. A nice lace shawl is super classy. That's what the royal baby came home from the hospital in.

Speaking of wrapping, actually, that's a thought ---- if I was really worried about looking SUPER put together, I'd co-ordinate my outfit to my wrap and just babywear. That way no one even sees LO's clothes. My wrap is a very elegant print (silver and brown paisley).

TBH, though, I think dressing up babies for weddings is more for parents of the baby than for the bride and groom. I can't imagine anyone with a stick up their ass so big that they'd pitch a fit that a baby came looking too casual.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree @pepperedmoth - except this is a family wedding so we have pictures to contend with. We have another wedding the following weekend so at least we can wear it twice!

I tend to like a bit more traditional clothing for babies, so I'm trying to keep my eyes open for a romper. October here can still be warm, so probably no sweater. 
  • Options
    @FFwifey‌ if the music was going to be that loud I'd just leave. I hate that shit.

If the music was going to be a reasonable volume, nope, wouldn't put hearing protection on him.

We played "pass the baby" during dinner, which everyone loved, and babywore when he got tired.

Also see if there's childcare available. Though we didn't use it, there was a supervised napping/play area at this wedding. They had PnPs and mats and toys and whatnot. I wish I HAD dropped him off there, in retrospect!
  • Options
    @babylimas I love rompers. LOVE.

If pictures are to be taken, I vote a christening-style shawl. Like so.

• Options
    FFwifey said:
    Sorry to hijack, but at the wedding do you think LO needs to wear anything over his ears when the music is playing? Will you bring something for him to sleep in? What will you do with him during dinner? I'm trying to figure out some wedding logistics myself!
    Oh sorry - I missed your questions! I don't plan on using anything for music, but I also don't think I will be on the dance floor with him. Can you bring a stroller for dinner? I was actually just reading a thread on the knot where the bride put the babies on the seating chart so the mom could just wheel the stroller right up to the table. Sounded smart! Seated dinners are pretty uncommon at southern weddings, so I probably won't have that to deal with. I've only ever been to one wedding like that!
  • Options
    jbellejbelle member
    FWIW, if I had a boy, I would probably buy an Eton Suit or similarly styled romper. 

While I totally understand avoiding single-use items, for a family or especially fancy wedding, I'd enjoy making an exception; they grow so fast, I'm sure some of my DD's casual wear will unintentionally become single-use! 

I'm also old, though, so it's very likely I'll never have another baby and unlikely I'll be going to many weddings or other dressy events!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    X wore this to my friends wedding with black dress pants

I got it off etsy: cocoandbeau
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image

Our English Bulldog, Ulga born 4/9/2013

Baby Boy Xander born 3/13/2014

• Options
    vacsx2vacsx2 member
    Etsy has some of the cutest things for very reasonable. I just got LOs baptism outfit from there. It's a little seersucker onsie with sewed on vest and matching bloomers.

I'd post a photo but apparently new app won't allow it.
  • Options
    I would either check out etsy for a onesie with a tie appliqué or if you are near a Macy's their First Impressions line has some one piece footed outfits that look like either little suits or a little tie screen print. If it's a onesie I would do khaki pants.

Really though, anything is appropriate for a baby! Rules are out the window!
  • Options
    natsmamanatsmama member
    edited June 2014
    ETA - *Original thread below...but just re-read OP, " I really don't like baby tuxes or suits" -- sorry, ignore me..:)

@babylimas I just saw this thread -- I have a suit set I could send you if you'd like it. A work colleague of DH's bought us a few cute dressy type outfits and DS outgrew this one before he could ever wear it. I think it's a 3m size but looks big. If you think it would fit Will, I'd be happy to send it to you! The shirt isn't attached so you could swap it for short sleeves.

I'm having trouble uploading a picture, but I found the set on someone's pinterest page see: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/103653228897416365/
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"