March 2014 Moms

Workout/5k Check In

Suggested check in questions (or just fill us in):

• What work outs/5k training did you get in last week (if you've started)?
  • What are your goals this week?
  • GTKY: Do you have a favorite healthy meal or snack? Maybe it's as simple as a hard-boiled egg post workout, or an elaborate gourmet feast. Share a quick snack/meal idea or favorite recipe!

Workout/5K Check In:
@Stephout@jjt616@novelblessings@jessher@bmerr@jlcccwyatt,@VanessaBee@ErinE683@sueq56@Hdhtk4@coreyeliz@Anneplusone,@ntdane@aga60154@ntdane@Newmom Dee@bearsbearsbears,@futuremrsspriggs@Hdhtk4@chocoroom,@jbelle@jennl0314@pepperedmoth@kcasset@babycaps@bennieangel;@Miliska@Anneplusone@Jt7dreamz@clo1982@benevolentforce@miliska;@ErinE683@MA&CB@kare_bear_12@WoodShopGirl@babylimas

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

Re: Workout/5k Check In

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jbellejbelle member
    @LW78: 4lbs in a month is fantastic; I find that kind of pace means it's the real deal and not just water! FWIW, I always have a slow weight gain at the beginning, almost like my body is saying, "are you sure?" Then things speed up… until I hit a plateau! LOL! 

@Jt7dreamz: I almost bought some hazelnut butter; I'm going to have to give it a try! And some Nutella: I've never had it!

Last week was my first full one back at work, so this week, my plan was to get the ball rolling with quick lifting routines in the mornings… and then the pump on our air conditioner went out and water is trickling in a steady stream in our basement gym! So, that should be getting fixed tonight and maybe the workouts will begin tomorrow. Luckily, our weekends are full of physical activity! We average 3 long, brisk walks a weekend!

I've been getting greek yogurt-based guacamole at Costco; the small cup makes a great snack on its own, and work great as a spread on my lunchtime turkey sandwiches!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • ntdanentdane member
    I haven't checked in for awhile. It's been so difficult trying to get a workout in! DH is basically doing two jobs at work since his boss is deployed and by the time he gets home it's dinner and time to start getting the kids ready for bed. Keira still won't take bottles and screams when I leave, so....yeah.

I decided for now to try doing a few basic Pilates exercises I have for my core and push-ups 3x/wk. I finished one day so far.

The one other thing I have done was put DS1 in child care at our community center, then walked with the twins' stroller on their indoor track. It's frustrating not to do more, but I feel like I'm choosing between exercise and sleep, and I need to sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi ladies,

I am new to this check-in so I am hoping you don't mind a late addition!

I have about 7lbs to go until pp weight. I gained 35 while pregnant. lost the first 20 fast and now have been slowly working off the last 15. I just joined a new gym that is a boxing based circuit program. It is the hardest workout I have done in years! Kicks my ass and burns about 500 cals per session. Right now I am only going 2x per week. I am trying to get back in to running, I have done 2 5K races since LO was born. I have lost some of my spark for it so I am not sure if I want to focus more on something else like yoga.

My favorite snacks are these 100 caloroe pack dark chocolate almonds and cheese with crackers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    textimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"