Special Needs
Options

How does everyone clean?

I have zero time to clean lately.

I'm now only cleaning the house little by little...like today I cleaned the toilets & tubs, hopefully I will get a bit of sweeping in tonight.

How does everyone here keep a clean house?
photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How does everyone clean?

• Options
    Since we work full-time, and are generally pretty lazy after DS's bedtime, we kindof "let it go" during the week and do most of our chores on the weekend. DH is great about keeping the kitchen clean during the week since I do all of the cooking. Bathrooms/sweeping/vacuuming/dusting only get done on the weekend. Some things like the guest room don't get cleaned until needed, i.e. before a guest comes. I use a steam mop and steam cleaner so it's easier to just knock out cleaning in one 1-2 hr block once a week. We have a pretty small house- 1500 sf or so.
  • Options
    I really don't clean much. DIshes are done everyday but it ranges from cleaning the food off by rinsing them to putting them in the dishwasher. Then of course there are the hand wash stuff which just sit there at least until I feel like doing them.

DH does the vaccuum daily for pop tart crumbs that DS leaves behind before we leave to work and daycare.

Laundry is on the weekends and takes the most time to do.

DH stays at home so I can ask him to take out the trash, throw a load of laundry occasionally, throw some clorox in the washer to clean it on top of errands he has to do around town while I work full time.

Bathrooms are the last thing on the list. So is sweeping and moping. Dusting, too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LISTS LISTS LISTS

It's the only way anything would ever get cleaned.  I laminated lists of weekly chores so I can use a dry erase marker to cross them off and then clean every sunday night.

I don't have certain days or anything, but if I have 10 minutes and can scrub the tub and toilet i do it, then it's crossed off.  So sometimes it's almost 2 weeks before i get to think because if i do it in the beginning of one week and the end of the next.

Our kitchen is almost always messy.  We don't have a dishwasher and it kills my back to wash dishes for too long so it is what it is.  My kids eat constantly so theres almost no way to keep up with it all. 

My goal is to keep the living room clean since thats where therapy is.  So I vacuum every day in there.  I put laundry away in the boys bedroom when DH gets home so he can occupy them.  I put all the clean laundry folded on our bed and every time I walk in there I put some away (linens and our clothes).  At the end of the night we put the rest away before bed.

I also have DH do his share.  He takes out trash/recycling, replaces crib sheets, takes care of the cats, washes dishes, puts laundry in the hamper, gives the boys their baths so I can get stuff done.  On the weekends if we're all home and DS2 is napping, i have him take DS1 on the swings so I can get stuff done.  Honestly, my DH is such a slow cleaner and very easily distracted that it's easier for me to do it.  And pushing DS1 on teh swing is boring to me, and hurts my chest after a while so it's a win win for us.  Usually once a week my mom will help me and clean the kitchen or dust/vacuum the living room for me while I take DS1 to school.  
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    Oh, and something is always falling out of balance.  If my kids are having a fun week, the house is a disaster.  If they're not feeling great and just want to sleep, my house is immaculate. 

We can't do it all, sometimes things have to give. And my house is never dirty, just messy, beds unmade, toys not picked up, stuff on kitchen table, etc.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    Divide and conquer--DH and I both have weekly responsibilities :) Honestly, it is MUCH easier for me to keep the house clean during the summer when I am a SAHM! During the work year, things tend to wait until the weekend. Right now, I am able to spread out what needs to be done and knock small stuff out throughout the day. I am not a schedule cleaner, but I know a lot of people enjoy the Fly Lady and other similar plans.
  • Options
    House cleaning service weekly.
  • Options
    Now that the kids are older its way easier as they will go play together in their room for an hour so hang in there. when we still had an infant in the house it was survival mode and we would play catch up on weekend mornings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Obsessively.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    Little by little here too. Or sometimes in the evening when DH is home and takes the boys outside to play.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Straighten up during the day, laundry on weekends, cleaning lady every 2 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't survive without a cleaning service and a dishwasher.  I'd skip meals for myself before I would give up that cleaning service.  DH cleans up the kitchen after dinner most nights while I tend to the kids.  Besides the kitchen I don't feel like anything really needs cleaning in between paid house cleanings.  I sweep the floor once or twice.  If there are some bad spots on the floor I will wipe/scrape.  I do laundry throughout the week because if I saved it all for the weekend, it wouldn't get done and I'd go crazy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"