Babies on the Brain

going off of the pill

I've been on Lo Estrin FE birth control pills for almost 10 years now.   I am going to go off of the pill starting tomorrow when I finish my pack and just let my body naturally react and start TTC.  I'm just curious if anyone else has been on this birth control and if they had any reactions/how long it took to get your first natural period without the pills? 

Re: going off of the pill

• I haven't been on that particular pill, but my period normally returns about 30 days after my last pill-induced period started. Some people take a while to regulate and begin cycling naturally.
  • I was on that pill. It took about 12 weeks for my period to return after going off. I had a 27 day cycle after that and am now on cycle #2 since being off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Every person's body reacts different 

FWIW i was on that pill for two years before I had to switch, They had me go off the pill for a complete cycle before starting new the BC, my cycle was normal 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I took that birth control for a couple years and my cycles were normal right off the bat.  They stayed 28- 29 days.  However, I've always had pretty normal periods (while not on birth control) so I think that helps.  Good luck
  • I wasn't on that particular pill, but I feel like it should be noted that everyones body is different, and how long it takes for your cycle to go back to "normal" is not really relevant to the way in which everyone else's body reacts. Also, how long it takes before you have a cycle will not really dictate the way preceeding cycles look. Ten years is a long time to be on anything, how long it takes to regulate is really contingent upon you and you alone. Don't be surprised if you have a short cycle, then a long one, and so on and so forth. And don't let it frighten you either. I got all freaked out when one of the first few cycles I had lasted 53 days long. Turns out I just ovulated late that month. Try to relax and enjoy the ride as much as humanly possible.

• Kam310Kam310 member
    I took the same kind of birth control for 5 years and my first period off bc was the most painful period ever. I have now been ttc for 14 months.
  • nicpugnicpug member
    I went off in May after being on bc for over 10years. I got mine the last week in May and it was painful. Not excruciating, but definitely hurt. It only last 3 days for me, we are starting to try in July! :)
  • I was on a lo estrin pill as well for about 12 yrs after i stopped it took about 3 months to get a "normal" period and it took about 10mths to concieve. Don't stress out if could potentially take up to a year from what ive read.

• I was on a 3 month birth control, so I was nervous that my period would take some time to return regularly.  It has actually been like clock work ever since I went off, so I wouldn't worry too much.  Even if it takes a little bit of time, ovulation tests can help you figure out where you are in your cycle.  I think the best piece of advise I can offer is to keep track of your cycles on a calendar!  I write down my periods of course, but also when I think I am ovulating.  I'm won't be trying to conceive until late August, but I plan to test my ovulation for the next two months just so I know for sure. Keeping track really helped me!
  • I was on lo loestrin FE for a year and other forms of BC for about 7 years before that.  I stopped taking them May 10th and no AF yet :(  I'm starting to get worried, but I have heard it takes time for cycles to regulate again.  We wanted to start TTC in July, but my doctor recommended I wait for 1 cycle before trying.  I tend to be obsessive about things, so I hope my period arrives soon, just so I can thinking about it!

• my first time TTC after being on the pill for 8 years I conceived right away. doctor told me it would take 2-3 months since I had been on the pill for so long. everyones body is different :) good luck 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"