Two Under 2

kids sharing a room

Anyone do this when they had a third? Or even just with two? Any advice? Mine are 16 months apart and I'm a bit nervous to do it b/c they're both great sleepers, but it would be better space-wise. We would move them together and then free up the nursery for the baby. Both are in cribs, but I won't be surprised if they go to beds around the same time. DS2 is already trying to get out, while DS1 is perfectly content to wait for me. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: kids sharing a room

• We just lived with my parents for 2 months after selling our house while we found a new one and my LOs shared a room there.  They are 19.5 mos apart.  DD is almost 3.5 and was in a toddler bed and DS is 21 mos and is in a crib.  They slept okay there but not as well as they did not sharing. 

They are mostly on the same schedule so that helped but they did tend to wake each other up more than they do not sharing.  It went better than I thought it would but I'm glad to have them back in their own rooms now.  
  • bookworm982bookworm982 member
    edited June 2014
    My two share a room, and it goes well except when they are sick. We've gotten awful sleep this week because dd coughs and ds wakes up crying from it. Once ds is a bit older and sounder of a sleeper, I suspect it will be better. We are hopefully moving in the next few months (dh interviewed for his dream job today), and #3 will have a sperate nursery. If not, #3 will join the other two after the first few months.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Loading the player...
  • laura1laura1 member
    We have had all combinations of room sharing!  DS and DD#1 shared for over a year - we lived in a 2 br apartment so they started sharing when DD was 6 months and DS was not 2 yet (they are 15 months apart).  We moved and they each could have their own room, but we kept them together since they were happy together.  We finally separated them when we moved DS to his big boy bed when he was 3 (didn't want him getting out and bothering DD)

Then we had #3.  She stayed in our room until she was 6 months old, then we tried moving her in with DS (he is more responsible, wouldn't have been messing with the baby).  They did terribly together - kept each other up, woke each other up.  We moved her back in with us, and then tried the girls together and they do so much better together.  They have been together for over 6 months now, and doing great.  

Good luck with your decision!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girls are 17 months apart currently 6mo & 2yr and they began sharing a room about 2 months ago it's going well, they both sleep through the night but occasionally my toddler will wake the baby if she wakes up crying but that's rare. I started by giving the baby naps in their shared room around 2 months old and nights in a bassinet by our bed. I still have the bassinet for rough nights if she's sick or just awake! They're both in cribs as my 2 yr old (well turns 2 in one week!) has no interest in switching to a toddler bed & since she's got plenty of room still... the crib it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"