Multiples

Ergobaby Carrier infant insert...

Is it worth purchasing the ergo infant insert???

Re: Ergobaby Carrier infant insert...

• I don't think so - we always just used a blanket or held them in there while swaddled. It's not the greatest carrier for the early days so you may consider buying a k'tan or Moby instead of the insert. 

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I barely used it. We opted for the Moby initially and use the Ergo more now that they're older.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • zazu13zazu13 member
    Mine were gifts but barely got used. I wish id exchanged them for something else

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Great, thanks ladies!
  • The ergo did not work well for us in the early days even with the infant insert. We're just now using it at 8 months, but I still don't like the fit as well as the beco (personal preference).
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • basil2basil2 member
    With so many carrier options that's a hard question. We loved the ergo with our singleton but didn't start using it much until 3-4 months. This time a friend passed on an insert and it's definitely handy. That said at this point (6 wks) DH and I definitely like our Mei tai better. If you have an ergo and don't have other options for the infant stage (and finances aren't a major issue) I'd recommend it, but it would also make sense to wait and see if you have other carriers to try.
  • I'm the odd one out I guess! I've used (and still use) our insert with the ergo. DH got his own ergo and uses the insert as well. Our babies are all on the small side though. I did use a moby in the first few weeks home (when they were around 5-7 lbs each). I find the insert really hot now that the weather is warmer though! I've been stripping the babies to a diaper if I'm going to wear one.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• I used it a ton but honestly I liked the moby better in the early days. Now I'm all about the Ergo.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    Barely used with the insert. A sling worked better when they were teeny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you fit both babies in a moby wrap?!
  • basil2basil2 member

Can you fit both babies in a moby wrap?!

I believe it's possible, but it just doesn't seem like a great idea to me. We've had reasonably good luck with DH and I each wearing one, but trying to get both on me doesn't sound overly safe or comfortable.

It's worth looking around for used carriers (friends, craigslist, eBay) there are tons out there and it's nice to have a few options. We're using/ have used baby bjorn, ergo, frame backpack, Mei tai, and moby. The only one I didn't much care for was the baby bjorn ( though it's not a fair comparison DS was bigger). We have gotten a lot of mileage out of the first ergo, and the insert makes it usable early, though it may not be the best choice for early on.
  • If you are going to use your carrier early on and not use a moby wrap I would check out Kinderpacks by kindercarry. Their infant size lets you wear baby legs out from birth because it is super adjustable. I seriously can't say enough good things about them! Check them out on Facebook.
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • We love our ergobabies and the inserts! We typically use them every evening on our walk and the girls love them! They are so snuggled and cushioned in them they typically fall right to sleep!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"