I've got my baby back! and an emotional week — The Bump
Special Needs

I've got my baby back! and an emotional week

So after 6 months of trial and error I think I found the magic combo...Lactose free milk.

For 6 months DS2 has been banging his head all day long. Literally. He spent so much time in his crib because it was his only safe place, he underwent and MRI and EEG for it.  It started about 2 weeks after introducing milk so I went back to his toddler formula.  It didn't make a difference so i just presumed it was a coincidence.

For the past 4-5 months he's been extremely constipated and drinking about 4-5oz/day.  I just kept adding wet foods to his diet and miralax.  We were up to a capful of miralax/day and he was still constipated!  Because he didn't have enough liquid in his diet.  We switched to lactose free and he's drinking about 10-12oz/day. The miralax actually works and he's so happy.  He's nowhere near as stiff, he's doing things we haven't seen in months and laughing and giggling constantly.  

I'm having such an emotional week.  Sometimes I look around at life and can't believe this is my life.  In an unfufilled and woe-is-me way.  And sometimes I look around and can't 'believe this is my life.  In the, my baby is a miracle and is walking despite being told he wouldn't get passed rolling over, my boys love to play to gether, i am lucky enough to have them love me, etc kind of way.  It makes me so joyous I could cry and i feel so emotional.  Kind of like the postpartem crying spells where you cry for no reason or because you're just so happy.
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
algalphys[Deleted User]funchickenkcisthebombdotcommacchiattoPrincess_Lily[Deleted User]Salemkitty13[Deleted User]lite-bright[Deleted User][Deleted User]mommyof4boys[Deleted User]

Re: I've got my baby back! and an emotional week

• Wow! That is awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so glad you figured this out.  Before lactose intolerance was more widely acknowledged, by BIL and SIL were at their wits end with my nephew.  To this day, they say the only reason they remained an only-child family was because he was so difficult all the time.  Imagine their surprise years later when they discovered he was lactose intolerant!