edited June 2014 in One & Done: Only child

Boy or Girl 49 votes

Boy
38% 19 votes
Girl
61% 30 votes

Re: Boy or Girl

• Options
    I noticed a lot of us here have girls so I was wondering how much we have of each sex. :) 
  • Options
    I have a boy.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Girl :)
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    JackoftheBoxJackoftheBox member
    edited June 2014
    BOYEEE 

Edit: to be read in the voice of Vanilla Ice! 
  • Options

Boys rule girls drool.

:P J/K

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    Girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Boy.

And yeah. We were team green and I thought I truly didn't have a preference, but when they announced boy in the delivery room, I thought 'Oh thank god.' Combination of junior high drama and all the trashy clothes from practically infancy.
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Looks like we are hitting 50/50. Teenage girls scare me. I did not understand them when I was a teeneage and definitely don't now.
  • Options
    This conversation made me look up preteen/tween..

The hell, guys?  Do I have a preteen in like 9 months?

Then I googled more and saw 10-12.  It's split - half the sites say age 9, half say 10. Whatever. I'm entirely too close. 
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    I have a wee boy. :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif
  • Options
    I have a girl. After we found out, we had to go back in the waiting room before we could see my doctor l. I kid you not, there were four pregnant teenage girls in the waiting room. I just remember telling DH, "I don't think I can do this."
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    lildis09 said:

Before finding out I really wanted 2 boys. Now I can't imagine having a boy & would actually want a 2nd girl if we were to ever decide on another.

ME TOO.

although, I'm now completely open to a boy.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Girl and I'm with everyone not looking forward to teen years
  • Options
    Kld2014 said:
    I have a girl and given now I wouldn't change a thing. Come find me in 12 years when she's hitting puberty I'll be begging for a boy.
    Same here! The thing H feared most about having a girl was and I quote: "Girls are bitches to each other." :p
    Haven't read the replies following this but YES. GIRLS ARE BITCHES TO EACH OTHER. And it starts so early too! DD already had a couple in school last year that she'd butt heads with.

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    I dunno, I think boys can be bitchy, too. I think a lot of this bitchiness is learned behavior that shouldn't be tolerated.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I dunno, I think boys can be bitchy, too. I think a lot of this bitchiness is learned behavior that shouldn't be tolerated.
    I agree 100%. It just seems like the bitchiness DD has encountered with other girls has been more emotionally hurtful...vs the bitchyness I've seen my nephew encounter (he's a couple years older) with other boys, where they just beat each other up. Neither's better than the other but it seems like girls are more sinister (i.e. the girl who DD had a problem with calls other girls fat/ugly/says they have ugly hair/etc...at SIX. Oy.) Just my experience though. None of it should be tolerated at all. 

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    I agree with this. Bitches are bitches, no matter what.  My DD and her girlfriends are actually super sweet to each other and everyone.  No girl bitches in her class.  There are more male bitches ;)  They can be MEAN. It's learned and typically stems from home.. no matter what sex they are.  I do think girls can be catty as they grow and have more drama, though.
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    Any kid of mine is screwed ;)

• Options
    Girl!

• Options
    Boy!!! From the moment I knew I was pregnant I knew in my heart it was a boy while everyone around me said it was a girl. At 12 weeks the sonogram technician hinted that it could be a boy. At 20 weeks we were told girl. At 32ish weeks I had a scare and went to L&D and when asked if we knew what we were having I said joking said " Yea, a girl unless you want to tell me differently. " The Dr. Looked at me like I was crazy and asked who told me that. I told her the head honcho, her boss. She said well I can't say anything or I'll get in trouble but do you see that on the screen... it was a penis for sure. Lol. It worked out really great because we only ever had one name picked out and we were going to use it for either sex, so I didn't have to worry about calling the baby one name and having to call it another.
  • Options
    lildis09 said:

Jerzee17 said:

Boy!!! From the moment I knew I was pregnant I knew in my heart it was a boy while everyone around me said it was a girl. At 12 weeks the sonogram technician hinted that it could be a boy. At 20 weeks we were told girl. At 32ish weeks I had a scare and went to L&D and when asked if we knew what we were having I said joking said " Yea, a girl unless you want to tell me differently. " The Dr. Looked at me like I was crazy and asked who told me that. I told her the head honcho, her boss. She said well I can't say anything or I'll get in trouble but do you see that on the screen... it was a penis for sure. Lol. It worked out really great because we only ever had one name picked out and we were going to use it for either sex, so I didn't have to worry about calling the baby one name and having to call it another.

What's the name??
    Harper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"