Pregnant after 35
Options

Mommy again at 38

My last baby was 14 years ago, now I'm pregnant again @ 38 and I'm experiencing light cramping and some left side groin pain. I don't remember ever having these symptoms. Are they normal or is anyone else having the same symptoms? I'm 6weeks.

Re: Mommy again at 38

• Options
    I had cramping like I was going to start af at 5-6 wks also one sided pain found out it was the ovary I had ovulated from. Good luck! And congrats on your pregnancy!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda nervous since I haven't been pregnant in forever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    Congratulations and welcome.  With DD, I had those all the time.  It's from the uterus stretching and should come and go throughout the first trimester.  It can be pretty freaky at first.  I noticed mine when I slipped bowling just after getting a BFP.  I was a nervous wreck until we heard the heartbeat at the dating u/s.  Not everyone feels them, so don't worry if other people don't have them.  Now that I know what they are, I noticed them at 6 weeks this time around.  Also they are not as constant this time around.  Probably because my ute doesn't have as much stretching to do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member

Completely normal as long as it's like period cramps and not sharp or stabbing for long periods of time.

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    Welcome! I had a lot of mild cramping in the first tri and early RLP that started at week 6, and was assured that these were normal, thought not necessarily common.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  completly normal to cramp.
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm 38 as well and it's been seven years. I've been more sore and just plain exhausted this time around. Feel asleep reading to my kids this afternoon. Thank goodness they are somewhat self sufficient!
  • Options
    path75path75 member
    Congrats and welcome! I am sure all is well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome.

Symptoms are different for everyone and every pregnancy. Those sound like fairly common ones to me. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Congrats. I am 41 and my daughter will be 14 when this baby makes an appearance. I have been scared and excited off and on throughout, but I feel better every time I hear his heartbeat at our checkups. We are 26wks and counting. Some things I remember from the first time, but others are new all over again. Definitely don't get used to the aches and stretching skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"