Military Families
Options

delaying PCS due to high risk delivery

Hey y'all. DH and I are stationed at Ft. Stewart and are expecting a move to Bragg sometime around Nov-Dec. Only problem is that we're now pregnant with twins. According to my OB, due to some medical issues, we'll probably schedule a c-section at 36 weeks, assuming I don't go into labor sooner. Our 36 week mark would be right smack in the middle of our PCS time. Does anyone know how we would go about either speeding up or delaying the PCS so that we're not moving right in the middle of when the babies will be making their debut. These will be our first babies and I have zero clue where to even start. Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
1 year break thanks to deployment.
1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

Re: delaying PCS due to high risk delivery

• Options
    Yikes... I would think you'd have to leave early and he could just follow after he clears? My H is an officer so he would talk to his branch manager... I would talk to your doc and see what they advise first and then maybe talk to the clearing office.

Sorry that's not much help but you could always talk to the chaplain too. They are a wealth of knowledge about stuff like this.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My hubs is also an officer and is heading to Captain's career course. He's spoken with his branch manager, but to no avail. Hmm.... Maybe the chaplain's not a bad idea. Thanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alright so small world... We're also at fort Stewart and the DH is going to career course soon. I can tell you this - that class is super hard to get into, if you delay he's going to be wait listed another year.

Can you delay the c section until you're at ft. Lee?
    If not, Your best option is to talk to your doctor and either stay here and deliver, see if he can get two days off the course to be there with you, and rely on some family support until you get up there

-or-

Go to fort lee early, secure housing, and find a doctor (they have no hospital there,you have to go on standard and deliver at a civ hospital) and have the babies right before he gets there. Have family stay with you and help until he arrives.

Hope everything works out for you, update us when you have it figured out.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We PCSed while I was pregnant with #2 and was considered high risk due to our first being born preterm.  I discussed the issue with my dr and he wrote a letter to my commander explaining the situation and recommended we leave early.  My orders were amended to reflect a report no later than date of 12 weeks earlier allowing our PCS to happen at 24 weeks as opposed to 36.  It was pretty easy. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"