TTC after 35
Options

Intro and 1st RE appt today

Hi Ladies,
I've been lurking some and thought I would introduce myself.  I joined the bump a while ago and intro'd on TTGP last year, but did not remain active.  Honestly, I didn't really expect I'd be to this point.

DH and I starting TTC in May of last year.  Without any success, I decided it was time to make an appointment with an RE.  When I first came off of birth control, my cycles were longer than I expected, but were manageable.  They usually didn't go over 40 days.  My last two cycles have been very frustrating.  Last cycle lasted 50 days, and in my current cycle on on day 84.  I know the RE will be able to assist in getting my cycle back on track.  

While it will be good to understand what is going on with my body with testing, I'm a ball of nerves.  Can anyone give me any ideas of what to expect?

I look forward to getting to know you ladies.

Thanks!

Re: Intro and 1st RE appt today

• Options
    Sorry, thought I was on 3T.  Will post over there.
  • Options
    Welcome! Each RE is different, but here's what happened at my initial consult:

1. The RE discussed our medical and family histories, and gave us a brief rundown on different types of infertility and various treatments available.
    2. She did a transvaginal ultrasound to check for any obvious problems in my reproductive system (such as fibroids).
    3. She ordered some tests - my DH had already done his sperm analysis, so she requested bloodwork for me (thyroid and AMH) and an HSG, which looks for fallopian tube blockages. (I potentially had a blockage due to a burst appendix when I was young.)

Once the tests came back, we met with her a month later to discuss the results and come up with an action plan. Right now we are doing three cycles with a fertility drug (letrozole), with an ultrasound on CD10 to see if my ovaries were stimulated. If that doesn't work, we'll go back to discuss more invasive options like IUI.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"