September 2013 Moms
Options

NBR question

Do you save or toss greeting cards/birthday cards, thank you cards, invitations, etc.

I'm the type of person that ends up saving every single little thing and I'm becoming a hoarder. I'm curious what you ladies do, keep or toss?

For those with older kids, what about when it comes to their artwork? Do you pick & choose what you keep or just keep it all in a file cabinet?

Re: NBR question

• Options
    I too save a ton of letters and greeting cards. I actually have boxes of them. The ones from a few years ago I have sorted through and saved some and not others. For the artwork question sometimes its hard to save it all. I have heard of scanning and saving the artwork digitally to save space in your home.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I save all cards/notes from DH, but everyone else I toss after displaying for a couple of days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also save like a majority of cards. I made our wedding cards into a mini flip sort book with rings through them. I have vowed to only save first year stuff for D and then will try to be picky about what I save because I don't want to become a hoarder either! Lol

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    RedDDDRedDDD member
    I save cards and notes from my hubby but toss others.  I saved cards from DS' first bday and will probably keep the special ones from my parents etc going forward.  Kids art I just found this app called artkive.  You take pictures of their art and save them down and you can create books or albums or various other items ...its awesome.  https://www.artkiveapp.com/
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    DaisyZHDaisyZH member
    edited June 2014
    I keep cards, invitations and thank-you notes on my fridge for a few weeks then I throw them away.

I display DS's artwork and once a month I arrange it all on the table or a nice quilt, take a photo and throw the artwork away. The photos are included in his yearly photo book I make through Shutterfly. I occasionally keep something for his memory box.

I should note that DS is not an art kid so most of his projects are things he's had to do through school, according to his teachers he is never interested in it and just wants to move on to the next thing. If he loved what he made I'd have a much harder time getting rid of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    jlp0528 said:

I also save like a majority of cards. I made our wedding cards into a mini flip sort book with rings through them. I have vowed to only save first year stuff for D and then will try to be picky about what I save because I don't want to become a hoarder either! Lol

The flip book idea is so great for something special like weddings wishes! Love that.
  • Options
    jnetx said:

krose0713 said:

I save all cards/notes from DH, but everyone else I toss after displaying for a couple of days.

Yep. I have been sticking baby boy's cards in the box with his baby book, but don't know if I will end up keeping those or continue to save them.

I don't have older kids, but I know I won't keep it all. I will probably have some kind of organization like a binder or something to keep the special things.
    This is us too! I used to keep all of them and never ever would go through them so i found it pointless.
    There are some ideas on Pinterest on how to create original artwork with old greeting cards of you don't want to toss them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"