Parenting after a Loss

~*~* Toddler Check In *~*~

So I know it's only been a few days, but I want to get back on track with our check in, so here goes:

How are you doing? 

Milestones?

Challenges?

Funny/Cute Stories?

QOTW- PIP me your favorite summer beverage!
PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
 Lilypie - (KAFM)

Re: ~*~* Toddler Check In *~*~

• KikiCohenKikiCohen member
    edited June 2014
    How are you doing? Anxious for my appt with the rheumatologist tomorrow.  I actually just got off the phone with the intake nurse.  She called me for a phone interview and it was really reassuring.  She said based on what all I've told her, she thinks it's super unlikely that I have scleroderma, so it's looking more and more like we will have the green light to TTC!  

Milestones? P has been walking behind the push toy like a champ.  I don't think it'll be too long till he does it for real.  And we're officially switched to WCM.

Challenges? The pedi really pushed us to do more table foods at his one year appt last week.  Some things he does really well with, but most I still have to mix with purees to get him to eat.

Funny/Cute Stories? We went to my SIL's on Saturday.  She just got 8 laying hens a few weeks ago, so it was P's first time seeing them.  He kept yelling at them and smiling.  Too cute!  

• How are you doing? We're doing well.  DH is still looking for work and that seems very slow going.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Milestones? She has become a master climber and can get herself on and off the couch without any help.  I still help her onto our bed, but she climbs down like a champ.

Challenges? She is really wanting to be carried while I'm cooking so that she can watch.  The only thing is I'm scared of hot oil splatters hitting her.  I've tried just putting her in the high chair, but she'll have none of that.  She wants to watch while I stir then try it herself.  I may need to buy a play kitchen for her soon.

Funny/Cute Stories? Our friends gave us the all-in-one car that she ride on. I put it together this weekend and attached the side rails that keep her from falling off of it.  So basically I have to put her in and take her out every time, but at least I know she won't try to get in by herself and topple over the other side.  We'll push her around the kitchen and zoom into her room and race around the house until we're worn out and stop.  Then she sits in the car and just whines and whines until we catch our breath to do it again.  It really is so cute to watch her zoom around.

And when the drinks needs a kick...

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • MJM3108MJM3108 member
    edited June 2014
    How are you doing?  Doing pretty good. Between 2 jobs and taking care of Ben, I am pretty darn tired all the time. DH got a job offer, and is set to start 7/7, so that's awesome. 

Milestones? We're up to 9 teeth now, with 2 more molars breaking through and one more that's close. I can't think of anything else right now... 

Challenges? Teething, sleep, biting, tantrums, pushing limits. I know it's all tied together, but it's getting tough dealing with all these things. He is *this* close to a language leap (I think) and it is seriously affecting his sleep. He's only sleeping about 8 hours at night and taking one hour- hour and a half long nap per day. He's also having some separation anxiety issues, and only wants me a lot of the time. I am not looking forward to the "terrible twos" if they're going to be worse than where we're at now... :/ 

Funny/Cute Stories? Ben is OBSESSED with my big stockpot. He literally sits in it everyday. If I try to take it back in the kitchen, he gets mad and brings it right back to either his room or the living room. He'll grab his blanket, and his paci and will climb right in and sit there for like 20 minutes at a time. It's crazy! He also likes to put a stash of Cheerios in the bottom, and he'll periodically reach down for a Cheerio and eat it. 

imageimage
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"