September 2012 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Today's nominee: my cat, who has started peeing outside of her litterbox. She seems to favor a throw rug on my foyer. WTF. I know this was discussed not long ago, so can someone please share tips to 1) Get her to knock it the f- off and 2) Effective ways to remove the smell. Bonus twatwaffle points for her would be the two giant hairballs she yacked up right before I left for work today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    My nominee would be my grad school.  I had that job interview a month ago.  I was told almost 2 weeks ago that they are waiting on my school to verify my enrollment dates.  I sent an e-mail, forwarded a release and requested they respond.  They said they would.  Today I spoke with the employer again to see what the hold up is.  She said they are still waiting on my school.

I pay all of this money and do all of this work to get a degree from your school.  Then I try to get a job using the degree and you can't do your part and verify my enrollment dates???  WTF?!?  I'm livid.
  • Options
    My nominee would be my grad school.  I had that job interview a month ago.  I was told almost 2 weeks ago that they are waiting on my school to verify my enrollment dates.  I sent an e-mail, forwarded a release and requested they respond.  They said they would.  Today I spoke with the employer again to see what the hold up is.  She said they are still waiting on my school.

I pay all of this money and do all of this work to get a degree from your school.  Then I try to get a job using the degree and you can't do your part and verify my enrollment dates???  WTF?!?  I'm livid.
    That would make me livid too. They should have a timeframe for getting those kinds of requests taken care of.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nomination is also for my cat who decides to wake us up puking at 4:30 in the morning. In our room. Then proceeds to do it again on the living room rug and the stairs with carpet. We have 1200sq ft of hard surface floor. You can't aim for that you little f-er? I've been up since 4:30.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Today's nominee: my cat, who has started peeing outside of her litterbox. She seems to favor a throw rug on my foyer. WTF. I know this was discussed not long ago, so can someone please share tips to 1) Get her to knock it the f- off and 2) Effective ways to remove the smell. Bonus twatwaffle points for her would be the two giant hairballs she yacked up right before I left for work today.
    Oh boy, I know that cat's dont like citrus smells - maybe you could try that to deter her. For cleanup, I STRONGLY recommend trying purification essential oil. One of my clients bought a house that smelled of cat pee - so she put 2 drops of essential oil in her carpet shampooer and could not smell it again. PM me your address and I will ship you some!

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    melody921 said:
    Oh boy, I know that cat's dont like citrus smells - maybe you could try that to deter her. For cleanup, I STRONGLY recommend trying purification essential oil. One of my clients bought a house that smelled of cat pee - so she put 2 drops of essential oil in her carpet shampooer and could not smell it again. PM me your address and I will ship you some!
    Do I need a carpet shampooer to use it, or can I drop/spray it on? My carpets look so bad that maybe I should get a cleaner anyway, but I've been hoping to just replace them with hardwood, ha.

• Options
    DH slept in SDs room last night. The dogs heard him get up for work and were being dopes about it. I'm tired.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    melody921 said:
    Do I need a carpet shampooer to use it, or can I drop/spray it on? My carpets look so bad that maybe I should get a cleaner anyway, but I've been hoping to just replace them with hardwood, ha.
    I would just clean the area with a mild soap and water really well and then put the oil it in a bucket with hot water and scrub it into the rug with a rag.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    melody921 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    melody921 said:
    I would just clean the area with a mild soap and water really well and then put the oil it in a bucket with hot water and scrub it into the rug with a rag.
    OK, I'm PMing you.

• Options
    @beebopandbuddy I am livid for you!  

My husband gets the award today and I rarely have complaints about him.   T/Th are days he stays home with the kids so I should be able to get ready for work in peace and look halfway decent, but no, he goes in the bathroom and takes an hour long sh-t while playing on his phone and I'm trying to get ready while DD is clinging to me for dear life.  I was fuming this morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am helping my boss size boxes in excel, copy and paste in excel, and add borders in excel...

Good God
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Nature's miracle is pretty good at cat pee clean up. I'd like to throw my mom in the pool. I said I'd be up by 8:15 to be ready to leave by 9. She called at 8 and she's ready. They are on their way over now. Visitors are difficult.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    L8kissie said:
    Nature's miracle is pretty good at cat pee clean up. I'd like to throw my mom in the pool. I said I'd be up by 8:15 to be ready to leave by 9. She called at 8 and she's ready. They are on their way over now. Visitors are difficult.
    I would have told her to take her time, lol

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    I am helping my boss size boxes in excel, copy and paste in excel, and add borders in excel...

This is pretty much my life with one of the directors in my office.  He always asks if he can utilize my "mad skills"...I kid you not.

I'm so glad that I have an MA...not.

• Options
    I can't believe I don't have a twatwaffle to nominate.  I'm such a negative nancy sometimes that it's probably a good thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    shiggybop said:
    @melody921‌ If nothing has changed environmentally, I would bring your cat to the vet. Some cats can have issues with their pee being too basic causing a breeding ground for crystals in their urinary tract. This pain can stress them and they won't go in the litter box (since it's associated with the pee pain).
    I was actually thinking this but just got back to write it!

• Options
    My dog who pooped on my living room floor sometime during the night. Maybe you shouldn't sneak food off of the dining table and you won't have the runs.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    melody921melody921 member
    edited June 2014
    shiggybop said:
    @melody921‌ If nothing has changed environmentally, I would bring your cat to the vet. Some cats can have issues with their pee being too basic causing a breeding ground for crystals in their urinary tract. This pain can stress them and they won't go in the litter box (since it's associated with the pee pain).
    Would this apply if she's mostly using the box still?

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

Winner!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I would like to nominate my employee who has been a totally B*TCH since she didn't get my job.  She was late yesterday and today she has "THE WORST" migraine ever.  Coincidence that these are days that I am in the office with a ton of shit to do?  Nope!  Her old supervisor warned me about her.

I would also like to nominate my mom.  My hip is messed up making it very difficult and painful to do just about anything.  She told me that she had heard of young people like me getting arthritis and it causing the really bad pain that I have been having and some of them are unable to walk anymore.  Thank you mom, that is exactly where my brain needed to go.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I would like to nominated the jar of Skittles in my office.

Why you have to be so tasty?

I picked up a bag of s'mores trail mix this morning when I ran into the grocery store. Then I put it right back down bc I'm sure it would have been exactly like those skittles. My ability to regulate portions sucks.

• Options
    Its sitting by my door so every time I walk buy there is an internal battle.
    ^#(^
  • Options
    shiggybop said:
    shiggybop said:
    It could. Brandy still poops in the box 100% of the time and was peeing in there most of the time. Now that she's on a prescription diet and meds she's back to peeing in the box all the time unless I leave a shirt or something on the floor.
    Was going to mention this--for some reason, certain things on the floor are open invitation to some cats to pee.  If it's *just* the rug in the foyer I would suggest cleaning the rug really well and then moving it so that the association with "I like peeing here" is gone.  

Typically, when they associate going to the litterbox with pain, they keep trying different places (not always, but often).  So if the cat tried the rug for some odd reason, liked it, and kept going back, that's one thing...if she keeps trying new spots you're really going to want to keep an eye on her or take her in.
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    shiggybop said:
    shiggybop said:
    It could. Brandy still poops in the box 100% of the time and was peeing in there most of the time. Now that she's on a prescription diet and meds she's back to peeing in the box all the time unless I leave a shirt or something on the floor.
    Was going to mention this--for some reason, certain things on the floor are open invitation to some cats to pee.  If it's *just* the rug in the foyer I would suggest cleaning the rug really well and then moving it so that the association with "I like peeing here" is gone.  

Typically, when they associate going to the litterbox with pain, they keep trying different places (not always, but often).  So if the cat tried the rug for some odd reason, liked it, and kept going back, that's one thing...if she keeps trying new spots you're really going to want to keep an eye on her or take her in.
    Yeah, it's just the rug so far. Little shit. 

• Options
    mnkate said:
    I'll nominate DH. He planned a Dads Club event for this afternoon while I work. (I know, I know -- that's the good part). Of course, he JUST told me...and I already have the sitter planning on coming over. So now we're paying the sitter because he's a college kid, needs the money, and probably turned down other sitting offers for us.

I hate wasting money when it could have been avoided. That's money I could be spending on shoes! Or wine!
    Next time send him to my house!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my baby Jesus. The dog just ripped open the trash bag while I was cooking dinner. The one that I asked DH to take out last night that had the remnants of SDs birthday cake in it, plus all the gross stuff from my fridge clean out last night. There is moldy shit and frosting all over the basement entryway, living room and playroom. Ya know, the one that I spent two hours scrubbing clean today. I might cry.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Oh my baby Jesus. The dog just ripped open the trash bag while I was cooking dinner. The one that I asked DH to take out last night that had the remnants of SDs birthday cake in it, plus all the gross stuff from my fridge clean out last night. There is moldy shit and frosting all over the basement entryway, living room and playroom. Ya know, the one that I spent two hours scrubbing clean today. I might cry.
    I have had that happen more than once. Luckily he normally only ripped the trash apart when we were gone.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I have one. It is quarter end - blah blah...When I ask you for your numbers, give them to me. I don't want to work for 12 hour on Friday and Monday like I did last quarter. You know the month is almost over, I told you in an email when I asked for your stuff, yet you ignore my email. 

To make matters better, we just celebrated passing our audit (though only my section passed 100%) and had a discussion about the importance of completing tasks on time. My TWT is our fed management team. They are killing me!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    MommaP12 said:

@beebopandbuddy I am livid for you!  

My husband gets the award today and I rarely have complaints about him.   T/Th are days he stays home with the kids so I should be able to get ready for work in peace and look halfway decent, but no, he goes in the bathroom and takes an hour long sh-t while playing on his phone and I'm trying to get ready while DD is clinging to me for dear life.  I was fuming this morning.
    Long poops are one of the biggest set-offs for me. If you're going to go on an hour long run, come home and stretch for 20 minutes and then shower for 20...you do not afford yourself the luxury of an hour-long poop while you catch up on ESPN and Draw Something. Extra annoying points to my DH when he spends forever pooping and then tells me that he had to stop in a gas station mid-run to poop. Shoot me.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh, seriously dislike. This sounds like something my dog would do.

• Options

I have a nominee for TWW - the Banfield Wellness plan customer service. They won't cancel our plan without confiriming with my DH since he is the named person on the account. Thanks assholes, I was trying to tie up loose ends since he had to be there, and they won't let me.

They are more strict than our insurance company!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"