Success after IF
Options

NSAIFR: Dog entitlement

I have a major pet peeve at the moment, and maybe this is something that only happens in my area.

I was in Costco this morning and a lady was pushing a trolley with her little white dog in tow, walking on a leash behind her. Not only is it unsafe for the dog with such a busy place but it is completely unsanitary to have a dog in a place where food is sold. I thought it was against the law to do this, but apparently (from someone I commented to on what I saw) with the laws on service dogs it complicates the rules if dogs are allowed or not. Now this dog had ribbons in its hair, call me a fool but I am pretty certain that service dogs do not wear ribbons in their hair.

Now today, I was at my local supermarket and once again, a dog, sitting IN the trolley, yes, you read right, IN the trolley as the owners do their weekly shop. Staff walked past it, one even stopped to say hi to the dog and once again people, this is completely unsanitary and in my rule book, not allowed.

Am I crazy to have an issue with this? If I was to bring my 70lb German Shepard into a store I would be whisked out of there so fast but if I had a lap dog it would be OK?

This is not the first time I have seen this, but twice in a day just angered me. I want to be that snarky one that complains to management and I am sure if the health inspector was there the place would be slapped with a fine in no time.

I hate that the ignorance and entitlement people have in my city, and I feel like the bad and crazy person for having an issue with it. Just dumfounds me why no one else cares about these issues.

Am I being unreasonable?

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

Re: NSAIFR: Dog entitlement

• Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    If by trolley, you mean shopping cart, yes, that's disgusting and not ok to have a dog in there! My kid sits in there, what if she's allergic to dogs? Ew, or licked the same handle the dog licked? Also, I put my food there. What if the dog had an accident? Paris Hilton really started a ridiculous trend here.
    I get that service dogs complicate the issue, but lets use some common sense people.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Not okay!!! We don't get this where I live, but ya I would complain, especially for sanitary reasons.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not okay! You are 100% correct and I would complain. Service dogs are very clear to the eye as most wear special vests or harnesses and let's be honest they aren't little rats. I would complain and I would send a little to your senator or premier.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    I could've written this post myself. MH I were at Costco this morning and there was a dog on a leash and one in the cart. It disgusts me every time I see it! I have pugs and would never bring them to a grocery store. MH is much more vocal and every time he sees this he says to the owner really loudly "oh, a service dog". A couple of them have looked at us in disgust or will say "oh it's not a service dog" and MH says "exactly, point taken". I agree that I see it a lot and it's not acceptable!

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I glad then it is not me being snarky. I am going to start to action this cautiously. BTW: I am in LA so maybe it is the "Hollywood" effect.

IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p

• Options
    I completely agree that it's not okay. I always think the same thing... "If I brought my 200 lb Mastiff in here, I would be kicked out in a heartbeat!" It annoys me too, so you are not alone. We do have a few dog friendly outdoor malls here and that really doesn't bother me. But the grocery store?!?! Really?!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    I'm in the not okay camp. Ugh. People bring their fluff dogs everywhere here too. But I mostly see them in shopping malls and not food places.

I have to laugh at your title. I originally thought you were going to discuss your own dog's habits or expectations. My sweet little pooch is curled in bed with us after two walks (morning and evening). Her entitlement attitude is quite large. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    I'm in the not okay camp. Ugh. People bring their fluff dogs everywhere here too. But I mostly see them in shopping malls and not food places.

I have to laugh at your title. I originally thought you were going to discuss your own dog's habits or expectations. My sweet little pooch is curled in bed with us after two walks (morning and evening). Her entitlement attitude is quite large. 

I get it, entitlements for my dog is a bed in every room, human food when available, 2 walks a day (at least), rides in the car when ever you go out and the list goes on (some I am no too proud of either)!!!

• Options
    Roxie5739 said:

I get it, entitlements for my dog is a bed in every room, human food when available, 2 walks a day (at least), rides in the car when ever you go out and the list goes on (some I am no too proud of either)!!!
    Lol! I feel like I can get away with spoiling my dog in a way that I could never spoil my child. Everyone expects a small fluffy dog to have attitude. Meanwhile, no one likes spoiled rotten children. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"