June 2014 Moms

@kbellizio3's birth story

kbellizio3kbellizio3 member
edited June 2014 in June 2014 Moms

I'm going to write this now while I'm still coherent and not sleep deprived :P On June 23 I woke up around 4:15am with the sudden urge to poop, which I thought was really odd for that time, as I'm walking to the bathroom I feel a gush and though "seriously I peed myself? That's not pee though". Felt some more gushes, was positive my water broke. I woke up DH and said its time to call the doctor. My dad woke up (and was really concerned about where my water broke and if I could make it downstairs) and helped with the dog and getting ready. Off we went.

I didn't have regular contractions when they had me in for checking. I was only dilated a CM and they tried telling me my water didnt break because the test came up negative. The doctor came in and said I gave a false negative because I ruptured so quickly and so much. So I was admitted! We got admitted during a shift change, and I was able to have my nurse with me beginning to end which was great. She was fantastic during the whole thing.

Pitocin was started at 9:10, and upped every half hour. By 11 I asked for Stadol to take the edge off the contractions, it worked and I was able to nap a bit. I was only dilated to a 2. By noon the back labor started and I asked for the epidural (originally wasn't going to get one, but was so glad I did), and had to wait about an hour for the anesthesiologist (who was AWESOME), once the epi was placed around 1:30 my dad was already here to visit, he was supposed to go stop by say hi and go on some errands, that never happened. I progressed from a 2 to an 8 in an hour. At 3:20 I told them I needed to push, my dad stepped outside and the nurses and my doctor came in. I was shaking so bad DH was freaked out. I pushed for about 45 minutes, it was hard. Probably one of the hardest things I've done. She was facing sideways (her face came out in line with my leg) which is why the back labor was pretty bad, I also blew out some blood vessels around my eyes while pushing. And she pooped on me as soon as she came out. She was out at 4:11 weighing in at 8lbs 1oz, almost exactly 12 hours after my water broke (my mom's labor with me was roughly 12 hours start to finish too) I think I was in shock, the nurses kept asking me if I was ok because I didn't really respond to her being placed on me for the first few minutes. They took her to the warmer and warmed her up while the doctor stitched me up from a 2nd degree tear. Cleo was screaming the whole time, she's got a set of lungs. They then gave her to me to nurse and she latched on great, so far BFing has been working well, and my dad has proven extremely knowledgeable on the subject which surprised the LC. She looks just like DH and makes his facial expressions :) A lot of people have asked where the name comes from.

DH and I got it from the Disney movie Hercules, but she's an actual character in Greek mythology. Clio (the traditional spelling) is the muse of history. And coincidentally Apollo (our dog's name) was said to be the god who was the leader of the muses. It was a name DH loved from before we even got pregnant. So once we found out it was a girl it was a no brainer :)

And without further ado, because you read that novel. Boo it posted and then didn't? Idk. The hospital wifi signals are wacky. I will try to get a pic up ASAP

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

Re: @kbellizio3's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"