Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Ear Infection/Tubes

My LO is 6 months old. We went in for 6 month visit yesterday and were shocked when doctor said that he had a double ear infection, one of which was really bad! He has been so happy! This is his 3rd one in just over a month. Doctor says he has a low threshold for tubes, especially at this age and this frequency. Just curious when others had tubes put in and after how many infections? We go back in a month for check up.

Re: Ear Infection/Tubes

• ODS (he is 2 1/2 now) got his first ear infection at 6 1/2 months.  From there till the time he was 8 1/2 months he had 5 ear infections.  Thats when we were refered to the ENT.  Surgery was done when he was about 10 1/2 months.  Unfortunatly when he was 12 months one of the tubes came out and he ended up with infections again.  We ended up having tube surgery again and removal of teh adenoids.

Just stay on top of it with your doctor and make sure to be an advocate for your child.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurking but I thought I'd share.

DS got his first ear infection at 4 mos.  And then had 3 more in the next 5 months.  The fluid in his ears never cleared up between infections.  At 9 mos the ENT recommended tubes.  He got tubes put it at 10.5 mos.  He has not had an infection since and this was last August.  

I am very glad we went with tubes.  The ear infections were hard on him (he really struggled with antibiotics).  The surgery was a  breeze really and he has been fine since.  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"