meds may cause me to stop BF? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

meds may cause me to stop BF?

I have a pretty bad recurring sinus infection.  My doc gave me a laundry list of meds to clear it up

singulair

nasonex

amoxicilian

mucinex

It's the singulair and mucinex that has me worried.  there is no listing of it on safefetus.com.    anyone have any experience w/these meds?

Re: meds may cause me to stop BF?

• Does your dr know you're bf?  Maybe talk to your pedi.  I wouldn't stop bf because of a sinus infection. 
  • I left a message w/my ped.  I rather not take the meds than not BF but there has to be a middle ground somewhere.  I'm having trouble hearing and I am constantly tired and coughing.  I need to see what the peditrician says.  I just need to make it to May.  My goal is to BF 1 year.
  • Loading the player...
  • So my peditrician said yes to all the meds.  Apparently they give singulair to kids so it appearing in my breastmilk is not a problem.  I'm worried that the musinex might mess with my supply.  I'll post if it does.
  • I'm curious as to what happens with the mucinex... it's my wonder drug for sinus issues, and while I haven't had any yet (knock on wood!!!) I usually do at some point in time. 
  • I've taken singulair every day for the last 10 years or so.  It's absolutely safe to take while bfing and while pg.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards