Multiples
Options

Cloth diapering mama lets see your set up!

MIL took all three kids to the park across the street and instead of cleaning I'm lounging around doing absolutely nothing! So let's see your stash an set up! I'm missing quite a few as there are two on the babies and about 8 in the diaper pail and a tots bots chicken little on the way in the mail! I always see how many diapers people have for singletons so I'm curious how many twin moms own and how they are organized!

Together 6 wonderful years.
TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~

Re: Cloth diapering mama lets see your set up!

• Options
    SV917SV917 member
    What a nice break!

This is the top row of the shelf. Other baskets contain prefolds and covers that aren't as pretty to display.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh I love your stash!! The moraki with the bikes which actual name I can not seem to remember right now is on my want list! I have been stalking the b/s/t for a good deal on it but it always get snatched up so fast!

Is the one with the hedgehogs on it a softbums? I was looking at it but the little toggle adjuster makes me nervous if if would hold up in the washer. Charlie bananas metal adjusters got rusty after a while and just didn't work well at all.

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    Tour de Pants. It's a cute print but I really bought it so I can say the name every time I put it on a baby.

It is the Softbums Getting to Gnome You (another great print name). I've only washed it a few times, so I can't say how well it holds up.
  • Options
    Mine set up isn't done yet.  I seem to like going down to the wire on these guys, lol.  I love seeing your stashes!  How many OS diapers to you have for your twins?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't counted recently but I think 40? Give or take a few. I will have more but I just sold off NB to fund our OS stash. I like to have a large rotation so they last. But we don't use prefolds or covers. My boys leak out of them like crazy.

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    basil2basil2 member
    You guys are way more organized than we are- we just have random piles in several places :)
  • Options
    Mine is currently in walmart bins, I don't have a pretty set up. I have a cheap one lol
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    @LolaDair‌ this list is current as of May 22nd. https://thriftylady.hubpages.com/hub/Where-to-Find-Limited-Edition-bumGenius-Cloth-Diaper-Prints

Looks like several places have TH. I got a TH Flip from Kelly's Closet and the TH & PC 4.0s from Thanks Mama.

The Getting to Gnome you I also got from Kelly's Closet, but that's been a while.
  • Options
    The softbums website has Getting to Gnome You if you are still looking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok ladies--my boys are 12 weeks old, and I've decided to start making the switch to cloth! I made a big order yesterday. Because I am new, and a bit nervous, I bought half all in ones, and half pocket. When I get my set up ready in the next couple of weeks, I'll post it up! I only have 20 to start with, but I'll invest again once I really decide what I like. I tried to buy ones with good resale value too. We are going to start daytime and at home only, and hopefully transition to more often. I am still nervous, so any good thoughts or advice is appreciated!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kdarden I promise its not as hard as it might seem. Its actually almost as simple as disposables just the extra step of washing really and stuffing if you use pockets..... well and the using a wet bag when out and about instead of throwing them away. Really you just need to find the a) diaper that works best for you and babies ( what works for one of my twins doesn't work for the other so trying multiple brands is a must) b) finding the right inserts too. MF doesn't work great so we prefer bamboo. c) a good cloth diaper safe cream. A few things to google. How to strip with bleach the correct way for the ammonia build ups and stink, how to prep them properly, whats a good detergent for you -- I make ours super cheap and easy, flour sack towels I swear by these as night time doubler really cheap and I wrap them around a MF insert (only time we use MF) or a zorb insert and we don't have any leaking. Also B/S/T pages on FB for trying out new brands. Theres one for Moraki, ragababe, bum genius, blueberry, charlie banana, tots bots, lalabye, etc. those are great ways of finding HTF prints, trying out a new brand, or just adding to your stash. clothdiapertrader.com is also good for this. Cloth wipes are a good investment too. I hate using disposables now because they stink up the trash so its just easier to use cloth and rinse them out at the same time as the diaper. I just have in a spray bottle the solution and mist the wipe or somedays I will use the warmer and toss in like 4 wipes at a time and soak with wipe bites I get from an etsy shop. I dont do this much because if you dont use them fast enough they will smell mildew like. It seems like a lot to learn but really its not! Cant wait to see your new stash! 

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    @kdarden I promise its not as hard as it might seem. Its actually almost as simple as disposables just the extra step of washing really and stuffing if you use pockets..... well and the using a wet bag when out and about instead of throwing them away. Really you just need to find the a) diaper that works best for you and babies ( what works for one of my twins doesn't work for the other so trying multiple brands is a must) b) finding the right inserts too. MF doesn't work great so we prefer bamboo. c) a good cloth diaper safe cream. A few things to google. How to strip with bleach the correct way for the ammonia build ups and stink, how to prep them properly, whats a good detergent for you -- I make ours super cheap and easy, flour sack towels I swear by these as night time doubler really cheap and I wrap them around a MF insert (only time we use MF) or a zorb insert and we don't have any leaking. Also B/S/T pages on FB for trying out new brands. Theres one for Moraki, ragababe, bum genius, blueberry, charlie banana, tots bots, lalabye, etc. those are great ways of finding HTF prints, trying out a new brand, or just adding to your stash. clothdiapertrader.com is also good for this. Cloth wipes are a good investment too. I hate using disposables now because they stink up the trash so its just easier to use cloth and rinse them out at the same time as the diaper. I just have in a spray bottle the solution and mist the wipe or somedays I will use the warmer and toss in like 4 wipes at a time and soak with wipe bites I get from an etsy shop. I dont do this much because if you dont use them fast enough they will smell mildew like. It seems like a lot to learn but really its not! Cant wait to see your new stash! 

Thank you for all of this! I have a feeling I will have a million questions once we get going. I did order a few different brands so that I can try them out. 

This is so very helpful! I will post pictures of all of my goodies when they come--hopefully this week!
  • Options
    Great thread.  Not new to cloth diapering but new to cloth diapering multiples.  We have about 18 now (AIO, fitted, pockets, flats and covers) but need so many more...  CD shopping is so fun especially considering I'm not much of a shopper in general (purses, shoes, adult clothes bore me lol)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Everyone's first diaper purchase should come with a warning label on how addicting it can be! :)

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    kdarden15kdarden15 member
    edited June 2014
    Hers is my set up! I have 20--some AIO and some pockets. Once I get a feel for it, I'll invest in more! And I can't seem to get it right side up!! Ok now it's out of control. Sorry!! imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"