August 2013 Moms

SAHM check in

How was your week?

Any fun summer plans?

Question for the week - do you have any idea of when you want to go back to work?

Re: SAHM check in

• Week went by quickly for us. Had many visits with friends and family.

This summer we're going to take LO to our cottage and a few day trips (aquarium, beach towns, etc).

I plan/hope to be a SAHM until my kids start school. I say plural because I want 2 or 3. Right now just 1 awesome DS.
  • Our week has been crazy! We're under contract on another house and our current home officially went on the market on Friday. Keeping it ready to show with two dogs and a baby.. And an always out of town husband.. is interesting.

I'm a nanny and I also work from home. If this move works out and we decide to have more children, I doubt I will ever go back to work. In an office type setting, that is.. Now that I've spent some time working in an unconventional way, I absolutely love it. My husband and I have also started consulting and doing custom design and carpentry jobs. Kind of similar to that show "Fixer Upper" on HGTV. I think we've found our niche. I hope we can continue to love our work in that way!
    The Mrs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't even remember what happened last week...I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

This summer we're going to Vermont for 3 nights for a wedding then heading to lake George for 4 mite nights if vaca in our own. I'm so excited!
    Short day trips will be into DC, the beach, mt Vernon, etc. We also have a bumpie meetup at the zoo happening next Monday, I can't wait!!!

The plan is to not return to FT work until all kids are in 1st grade. Once the youngest is in preschool I may do something part time. Right now I'm considering becoming an independent consultant for an in home party type company. That's mainly to keep my resume fresh, a little extra cash & to give me a couple nights a month away from home doing my own thing. (Read: to keep me sane)
  • We spent the entire week moving. It was exhausting!!! Loving our new place but it's been quite an adjustment. D is finally napping better today after a week of rough sleep in the new place.

This summer, no plans at present. My H has a week off in august so we may plan a staycation of some sort. We will see!

I'm not sure when I plan to return to work. Maybe when D enters preschool. If they drive me bonkers earlier than that, it could be sooner. I'd definitely go back part time right now if I could but I don't have any cheap/free childcare options. At this point I would barely make enough part time to pay for the child care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"