Baby Names

WDYT of Adelyn

What do you think of the name Adelyn Grace?

Re: WDYT of Adelyn

• Would you pronounce it Add-uh-lin?  If that makes any sense anyway.  I actually like most names that start with Ade including Adelaide, Adeline and Adelina.  I think that's a beautiful name.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Love it. I love the flow of both of those names together. So pretty. As a teacher I appreciate the fact that it looks easy to pronounce.

B

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont like the spelling but love the name. 
  • I'm not a fan of the spelling - the Y needs to go. Adeline is better, IMHO.

As for Grace - my opinion of Grace, Faith, and Claire is that they are filler names and lack creativity.  Sorry, but those three are big pet peeves. Obviously, if you love it that is all that matters.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Thanks everybody for the fast responses!  DH and I are arguing over it - I love it, he hates it.  His family doesn't like it, but I think it's because some of them are pronouncing it ad-a-LINE not ad-a-LYNN.  I don't like how ad-a-LINE sounds either, but that's just me.  I'm going to show him your posts to prove that I'm not the only person who thinks it's a beautiful name!  :) 

• It's very pretty.?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• My friend had her little girl six months ago.... Adalyn Kate.....She is adorable.... I like the a in it better than the e but I would keep the lyn part because I think that sounds like "lyn" as opposed to "line" which would be pronounced "LINE"...like clothes line
  • It is a pretty name

• Love it - beautiful name!
  • I like it! and I like the spelling :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love it! I think the combination is beautiful and I like the spelling- especially with his family pronouncing it wrong.
  • Love it.  We have toyed with Adeline, but I like the way Adelyn sounds better.  And I think if you spell it Adeline, people will pronounce it Add-uh-line - so your spelling is good!  And I don't think Grace is filler - it's a beautiful name with a nice meaning, and it sounds so nice with Adelyn.
  • imageMamaBergles:
    Love it.  We have toyed with Adeline, but I like the way Adelyn sounds better.  And I think if you spell it Adeline, people will pronounce it Add-uh-line - so your spelling is good!  And I don't think Grace is filler - it's a beautiful name with a nice meaning, and it sounds so nice with Adelyn.

Meh - Most "Madeline"s are pronounced Maduhlin, as is Caroline. 

I stand my my Grace assertion - just read the boards.  Every third girl has the middle name Grace, Faith or Claire.  If you love it, go for it - it's not bad, just SUPER common.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • i think it's pretty and feminine.  i've toyed with that name and similar, and of course my DH doesn't like them either.  i like the "lyn" spelling too, i would totally pronounce "line" just like it says- i do that with caroline as well, i never knew that was wrong. 

• I like it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love it! I have been thinking of that one too but DH doesn't like.  I think it's pretty with two "n"s too.
  • imagezubenescamali:

i think it's pretty and feminine.  i've toyed with that name and similar, and of course my DH doesn't like them either.  i like the "lyn" spelling too, i would totally pronounce "line" just like it says- i do that with caroline as well, i never knew that was wrong. 

It's not necessarily wrong.  I've never known a Caroline to pronounce their name Carolyn.  I pronounce Madeline differently than I pronounce Madelyn/Madalyn. 

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • It's pretty...I like it!
  • I like Adeline, Adelaide, Adela and Adelina (add--uh-LEE-nuh) better.
  • I love the nickname Addie!!
    VOTE on my Name List Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"