Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Calm or Stimulating?

Should a baby nursery be calm and serene so the babies sleep or stimulating so they learn and grow? I am so confused! 

Re: Calm or Stimulating?

• Options
    I'm not sure what it should be but I am going with a calm feeling with stimulating things to look at on the ceiling and near her crib/changing dresser.  I don't want it to be overwhelming for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is a really good question! I have a degree in early childhood education. For the first year it should be pretty stimulating, but not super busy! after the first year it should be calm because otherwise your child will not be able to sleep and will not be calm. for good stimulation tools go to www. genius babies .com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going with calm but with movable stimulating things (toys etc...) that can be anywhere.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    I'd say calm and serene for the nursery so they can sleep and stimulating in the living room/play room so they can play.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A child's nursery should be calm and serene for them to sleep in. You could have something by the changing table that is more stimulating and that will keep them occupied while you change them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"