Potty Training
Options

Doesn't Care If She Wets Herself :(

I posted awhile ago in here that I was having problems PT my 3 year old (she is speech delayed so communication is difficult). She does awesome if we take her ever 90 minutes to 2 hours and we haven't had a #2 diaper since January. However, she will never initiate that she needs to pee. This weekend I decided to try and leave her in regular panties and watch for any cues. I didn't see any signs that she needed to go, instead she came and got me to help her play a game and I noticed she was wet. She  didn't seem to care at all, I took her to the bathroom and told her that we go in the bathroom and I put her in a pull-up after that. This is the fourth time since January (when we really started training her) that she has wet herself and not cared. I don't want her to run around naked because we just got over her having an issue with constantly touching her butt and I don't want to open that door again, lol. 

Any suggestions?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Doesn't Care If She Wets Herself :(

• Options
    If she has a speech delay, giving her a nonverbal method of asking might help. Could you make a card that says "I need to go potty" and keep it somewhere easily accessible, so she can give it to you when she needs to go? You can teach this exchange by having her hand you the card before you take her each time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"